Errors in Kaplan PCAT 2006-2007 book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glowwyrm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying Kaplan PCAT 2006-2007 book but have read that it has numerous errors. However, even with the errors, a lot of people recommend it. Does anyone know if there is someplace online, kaplan.com or otherwise, where you can find out where the mistakes are? I believe I read that one mistake was in the photosynthesis section. If there is no online page for the mistakes, I would like to see if any of you would like to start a thread listing mistakes you've come across so we'll all be aware of issues that we may encounter.

Members don't see this ad.

There are some errors in the book. Most of them are in the math section. Many of them are very obvious errors. I really don't understand how their editors could have missed some of those. Oh well, it's still the best PCAT prep book I know of.

Yeah. I'm going to go buy it today if I can find a copy at my local barnes and noble. If I happen across any errors I may post them to this thread if anyone is interested.

Glowwyrm said:
Yeah. I'm going to go buy it today if I can find a copy at my local barnes and noble. If I happen across any errors I may post them to this thread if anyone is interested.
There are ALOT of errors in the chem sections. Some of THEIR solutions are unnecessarily difficult.Other times they leave out steps or some constant when they present the solution. It left me pulling my hair out! Study the concepts if anything. The Kaplan book chem section is a very poor representation of the actual exam. It will not "overprepare" you like so many say, but misguide you instead...

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, the answer key in the back has the wrong letters for a few of the answers (but it's obvious to tell which ones they are because the letters don't match up to the explanation in the detailed answer section). I also noticed some basic spelling and grammar errors too (seriously, you think they would actually PROOFREAD their text before it was published).

But it's still a great book. I'd buy it for the A&P section alone.

Yes, so far i've found an obvious mistake in an answer key. It'll say the answer is B or whatever, and then explain why the answer is C lol. So watch out for stuff like that...Also, after starting to read this 06/07 version, at the top of page 97 the text claims that amino acids contain Phosphorus...not likely lol.

so Kaplan is the BEST PCAT prep? I've heard that Schroff's was good too. Is that true?