ERs hiring fewer docs to save money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Huh. Our per patient average dropped last year but is still considerably more than $165.
I’m referring to their overall number. Pre nsa usacs was at a similar number and this is for a fairly large number of patients.

Toomuch are you in an sdg? I can’t recall where everyone is here and their jobs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m referring to their overall number. Pre nsa usacs was at a similar number and this is for a fairly large number of patients.

Toomuch are you in an sdg? I can’t recall where everyone is here and their jobs.
Yes, we're a democratic group. It's nice knowing what actual reimbursement per patient is on average down to the actual cent at each hospital.
 
I have gotten a handful of completely *****ic emails/ calls from these people. My solution is to always push back and give them more work to do. I used to do this work myself but realized that they didnt care that I put forth effort into a response. Now I place the burden on them to show me the data/proof. It is an amazing tactic as it makes them feel you are engaged and gives them something to do during the bankers hours they work
I…love this…
 
Huh. Our per patient average dropped last year but is still considerably more than $165.
Private group? The public data from USACS pointed to them getting 165/pt.. It is in the APP data as well. Keep in mind the APP info was in their investor presentation and the APP data explicitly said it didnt include hospital subsidies. The USACS data was taking their revenue and dividing it by their patient volume which was in some public data related to their debt.

There are many private groups who average 130/pt.