habiba

Membership Revoked
Removed
Feb 1, 2014
CA
Status
Pre-Dental
I did some researches and i know that dental school required English composition and the prerequisite cannot fulfill by ESL classes. I want to ask does English as a second language give you credit for your GPA ?
I'm currently enroll in two ESL classes and thinking to drop them and get a W i take both of them at CC

And does dental school know each colleges i attend i'm full time at four year institution taking science and non science classes and i take ESL at the CC. I'm thinking to drop from them and when it comes to apply i will send only my transcript from my four year institution !
So what do you think guys is that a good idea to drop them

2THDDS

2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I have some reading comprehension issue going on.....

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
I did some researches and i know that dental school required English composition and the prerequisite cannot fulfill by ESL classes. I want to ask does English as a second language give you credit for your GPA ?
I'm currently enroll in two ESL classes and thinking to drop them and get a W i take both of them at CC
And does dental school know each colleges i attend i'm full time at four year institution taking science and non science classes and i take ESL at the CC. I'm thinking to drop from them and when it comes to apply i will send only my transcript from my four year institution !
So what do you think guys is that a good idea to drop them
You do not get to pick what transcripts you will send in.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/english-class-override.1101450/

Oct 3, 2014
ESL classes don't contribute to your GPA. I think you should stay and get a grade for each class better than getting a W.

OP
habiba

habiba

Membership Revoked
Removed
Feb 1, 2014
CA
Status
Pre-Dental
ESL classes don't contribute to your GPA. I think you should stay and get a grade for each class better than getting a W.
i'm actually too busy to go to both of them and waist 2 hour driving each day for going to the CC
and i called a dental office and he accepted that i shadow for him so i decided to join clubs and start doing shadow and drop a class i still haven't take a decision about the other one

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
i'm sorry i don't understand can you please explain again Dr. ?
You are required to send copies of transcripts from all colleges/universities you attended.

Reactions: habiba
OP
habiba

habiba

Membership Revoked
Removed
Feb 1, 2014
CA
Status
Pre-Dental
You are required to send copies of transcripts from all colleges/universities you attended.
But how dental schools will know that i attend a CC and a four year institution
does they have access to use my social security or my info to know which colleges i attend ?

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
But how dental schools will know that i attend a CC and a four year institution
does they have access to use my social security or my info to know which colleges i attend ?
Your question indicates that you are failing to understand that you are intending to apply to a professional school.

Reactions: swindoll