ESL applicants tips!

Started by nextyearrx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nextyearrx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone tell me if 64%tile PCAT score is good enough for pharmacy school admission for an ESL student?? Thanks

B/C I am an ESL student and I got high score in bio,chem and math sections but low score in reading and verbal sections!!
 
Can anyone tell me if 64%tile PCAT score is good enough for pharmacy school admission for an ESL student?? Thanks

B/C I am an ESL student and I got high score in bio,chem and math sections but low score in reading and verbal sections!!

Try to improve your score the second time. Don't make it sound like you're using ESL as an excuse.
 
Can anyone tell me if 64%tile PCAT score is good enough for pharmacy school admission for an ESL student?? Thanks

B/C I am an ESL student and I got high score in bio,chem and math sections but low score in reading and verbal sections!!
I only saw this today, and although it's a bit old, I wanted to respond.

Admissions criteria are the same for ALL students, ESL or not. ESL is not a crutch, because while you may blame a low PCAT score on your verbal and reading scores, the fact is that there are other ESL applicants who did well on their PCAT verbal and reading. A score of 64 is not great, but it also does not mean that you won't be accepted to pharmacy school.