ESMO 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Palex80

RAD ON
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! ESMO 2022 is around the corner (9-13 September).

Here are some interesting abstract titles for the radonc crowd and my takes on them.

LBA2 - DeFi: A Phase 3, Randomized Controlled Trial of Nirogacestat Versus Placebo for Progressing Desmoid Tumors (DT)​

This could potentially become competition for RT.

LBA5 - Primary results of the phase 3 KEYNOTE-412 study: pembrolizumab (pembro) with chemoradiation therapy (CRT) vs placebo plus CRT for locally advanced (LA) head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)​

A press release has disclosed a negative primary endpoint already:

LBA9 - Duration of androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) with post-operative radiotherapy (RT) for prostate cancer: first results of the RADICALS-HD trial (ISRCTN40814031)​

Relevant for daily practice. I suspect, the longer you give ADT the better results you are going to get. But are we really curing more patients or simply prolonging the time until theye experience recurrence?

787O - Adjuvant immunotherapy with nivolumab (NIVO) versus observation in completely resected Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC): disease-free survival (DFS) results from ADMEC-O, a randomized, open-label phase 2 trial​

Could also influence role of adjuvant RT.

277O - The ReSPECT-GBM™ Phase I/IIa Trial of Rhenium-186 NanoLiposome (186RNL) in Recurrent Glioma via Convection Enhanced Delivery (CED) & Planned Phase IIb Trial​

278O - Preliminary results of a phase II study of retifanlimab (PD-1 inhibitor) plus or minus epacadostat (IDO1 inhibitor) in combination with bevacizumab and hypofractionated radiotherapy for recurrent glioblastoma: NCT03532295​

Potential new options for recurrent GBM.

LBA31 - Randomized phase 3 trial of maintenance chemotherapy with tegafur-uracil versus observation following concurrent chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced cervical cancer, GOTIC-002 LUFT trial​

Adjuvant chemotherapy for cervical cancer revisited (after the South American trial something like 12(?) years ago)

653O - Neoadjuvant Nivolumab (N) before chemoradiation (CRT) in high-risk HPV driven Oropharynx Cancer (OPC): IMMUNEBOOST-HPV, a multicenter randomized phase 2 trial​

Intriguing sequence of therapy.

950O - Ipilimumab plus Nivolumab and ChemoRadiotherapy followed by Surgery in patients with resectable and borderline resectable lung cancer: the INCREASE trial.​

IO + CRT + Surgery for unresectable NSCLC... Why don't we put PCI on top of that, then we would have given ALL possible treatment?

Is anyone attending? I will be in Paris. PM if you want to grab a coffee! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users