essay about "personal or academic problem"

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hobbes007, Aug 24, 2002.

1. hobbes007

hobbes007 Member

hey...i have a question about the second loyola essay..
    the question is..."Describe briefly how you have dealt with a personal or academic problem you have encountered."

so i can't really think of any major personal or academic problem that i could write about...what should i do? the only thing i have come up with is how i've overcome my shyness in the last few years...but i dont know if shyness is considered a personal problem.
    does anyone have any suggestions??
    thanks! :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rapid Decomposition

You're in the same boat I'm in. In these situations I'm usually forced to default to my childhood, during which I had to move like 5 times in 10 years because my dad was in the military, which wasn't really a problem but I can't come up with anything else!

Anyone else have this problem? (Hmm, maybe I'll write about the problem of not having any significant problem)

4. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member

is there a link to this secondary? i haven't recevied it yet.

5. btw, i'm not applying to loyola, but i think that's a great question.

you could just write about a class you had trouble in because you didn't like the teacher, time of day, etc. that might be kind of a cop-out though - personal problems are prolly more interesting.

-history with drugs/alchohol?
    -family problems?
    -relationships?

they're more interested in how you respond to your problems..do you back away, sidestep, tackle it, etc.