Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

essay about "personal or academic problem"

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hobbes007, Aug 24, 2002.

1. hobbes007

hobbes007 Member
    7+ Year Member

hey...i have a question about the second loyola essay..
    the question is..."Describe briefly how you have dealt with a personal or academic problem you have encountered."

so i can't really think of any major personal or academic problem that i could write about...what should i do? the only thing i have come up with is how i've overcome my shyness in the last few years...but i dont know if shyness is considered a personal problem.
    does anyone have any suggestions??
    thanks! :)

2. Rapid Decomposition

10+ Year Member

You're in the same boat I'm in. In these situations I'm usually forced to default to my childhood, during which I had to move like 5 times in 10 years because my dad was in the military, which wasn't really a problem but I can't come up with anything else!

Anyone else have this problem? (Hmm, maybe I'll write about the problem of not having any significant problem)

3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

is there a link to this secondary? i haven't recevied it yet.

4. btw, i'm not applying to loyola, but i think that's a great question.

you could just write about a class you had trouble in because you didn't like the teacher, time of day, etc. that might be kind of a cop-out though - personal problems are prolly more interesting.

-history with drugs/alchohol?
    -family problems?
    -relationships?

they're more interested in how you respond to your problems..do you back away, sidestep, tackle it, etc.