essay advice?

Started by rx22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rx22

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying for the Fall of 07..I have taken my OATS and finished all the pre reqs..now the only problem is I dont have any optometry experience..how do you guys suggest I get some experience? Should I look around for a job or how do I start volunteering?
All the schools have an essay section where I need to say why I chose optometry..and I really dont know what to write without the experience..what should i write about? any suggestions!

thanks 🙂
 
I am applying for the Fall of 07..I have taken my OATS and finished all the pre reqs..now the only problem is I dont have any optometry experience..how do you guys suggest I get some experience? Should I look around for a job or how do I start volunteering?
All the schools have an essay section where I need to say why I chose optometry..and I really dont know what to write without the experience..what should i write about? any suggestions!

thanks 🙂

I wrote some information regarding shadowing on OptStudent.com:
http://www.optstudent.com/ugfocus.html#shadowing

And here is an old post, "Why Optometry??":
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=34103

Hope this helps...if you need more help feel free to PM me.