Jul 20, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm not sure what approach everyone took to writing the essay, but the way I approached it was to tie personal experiences into the attributes I believe define "professionalism" in the context of a DPT student.
I am trying to narrow down the attributes/experiences I wrote about now, and was just curious what attributes others might have used in their essays. Clearly there are many attributes that encompass "professionalism".

The main ones I am thinking of using are:
-Specialized Knowledge
-Communication (with patients, peers, and professors/mentors)
-Respect

I am a little iffy on the "specialized knowledge" one. Briefly, my point is that a DPT student should be willing to do what it takes in order to receive all the knowledge they can in order to perform their work in the best way possible. I am just not sure if my personal example will sound conceded or not.

Apr 18, 2015
I'm not sure what approach everyone took to writing the essay, but the way I approached it was to tie personal experiences into the attributes I believe define "professionalism" in the context of a DPT student.
I am trying to narrow down the attributes/experiences I wrote about now, and was just curious what attributes others might have used in their essays. Clearly there are many attributes that encompass "professionalism".

The main ones I am thinking of using are:
-Specialized Knowledge
-Communication (with patients, peers, and professors/mentors)
-Respect

I am a little iffy on the "specialized knowledge" one. Briefly, my point is that a DPT student should be willing to do what it takes in order to receive all the knowledge they can in order to perform their work in the best way possible. I am just not sure if my personal example will sound conceded or not.

I started my essay very similar to your thoughts on attributes of professionalism. Started with seeking and being continuously curious about specialized knowledge, communication/ people skills with my cohort (as a DPT student), and integrity/ honesty. Then, I tied my personal experiences, or experiences during my observation hours to those attributes. So, very similar to yours.

Reactions: happycroc