Essay edge???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AFVET

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After going back and forth on this I decided to go ahead and send my essay off to essay edge to make sure it was perfect. I got it back and no kidding guys, there were like 6 spelling errors that I saw right off the bat. I paid 130 buck for this and at the least I was expecting it to come back with spelling and grammar perfect. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? It was real stupid stuff like "Though" instead of "Through" or "ill" instead of "will".

Members don't see this ad.

Perhaps you just had a bad editor. Call their customer service, tell them what you just told us, and I'm sure they'd be happy to have another one of their editors edit it at no cost. Personally, I was more than happy with their service.

umc27 said:
Perhaps you just had a bad editor. Call their customer service, tell them what you just told us, and I'm sure they'd be happy to have another one of their editors edit it at no cost. Personally, I was more than happy with their service.

I also was very impressed with the level of service that I recieved when I had my essay edited. I would definately call them and file a complaint.

Members don't see this ad :)
I already complained. I guess it just made me a little nervous. They say they have two people edit each essay. These guys must have been out drinking together.

That's shocking to hear, as I, along with just about everyone else on this forum who used them, received our money's worth. Essayedge's website makes a big deal out of the quality of their service and I am sure that if you contact them they will have it redone at no cost. If they dig their heels in then be firm and mention that you have already made this known on SDN (a major advertising site) and what are they willing to secure you as a customer. That should work! How did the essay flow? Are there errors dealing with syntax? Did the editor clarify the points that you were trying to get across? I am curious to learn if there was anything else.

Indeed. Mention secondary applications, and how it makes good business sense for them to try to retain you as a customer. You mentioned that you already complained.. are they going to re-edit your essay? Keep us informed, and good luck with everything.

My buddy had a similar experience. Don't worry though, they'll edit it again for free as many times as it takes to make you happy. They definitely have means of keeping you as a customer too :) You'll see.

I just received an email back from them, they are pretty much willing to bend over backwards. I only noticed the spelling errors but it is hard to be confident with the rest of the essay when they would miss such simple things. I have heard only good things about them and I was really suprised when I got my essay back. I'm sure it was a fluke and I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Since you are curious I will include the mistakes I found.

1. "Though this thinking, I quickly came to realize"....should be "Through this thinking"

2. "my life experiences ill help"...should be "will help"

3. "such a trip and to and"....maybe this is some new Harvard way of talking but it hasn't made it down to the Cal State system yet

4. "to become and Air Force pilot"

Just to be clear I think this was a one time thing and I am sure most of there editors are really good. Interestingly, none of these errors were in my original essay, I paid a 130 bucks to have them added in. :D

Just wanted it to be known that EssayEdge gave my a second editing for free and I just got it back. WOW! What a difference. They have completely redeamed themselves in my eyes and I would definitely recommend them.

Sprgrover said:
That's good to hear. To bad you had to go through it twice!

No big deal, I got two edits for the price of one.

told ya they'd come through.

Yes you did! Although you scared me a little bit with this comment:
dane4695 said:
They definitely have means of keeping you as a customer too :) You'll see.

I was waiting for a bunch of Harvard english grads to come hunt me down. :eek

Why does it cut off the side of my posts like that? It really irritates me.