Essay Editors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

P0W3RL1FT3R

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a pretty tough time writing a decent personal statement. Does anyone have experience with paid editors that revise and edit your personal statement, such as essay-analytics? $250 is a steep price, but i'm not getting much help from my schools tutoring services and its starting to distract me from my studies.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having a pretty tough time writing a decent personal statement. Does anyone have experience with paid editors that revise and edit your personal statement, such as essay-analytics? $250 is a steep price, but i'm not getting much help from my schools tutoring services and its starting to distract me from my studies.

There are people on SDN willing to help you out for free. Unfortunately I do not consider myself a good enough writer to help you out haha

Members don't see this ad :)
What are you having trouble with?
i'm just having trouble constructing a decent story as to why dentistry, while encapsulating assets i've acquired over my college career that show I have what it takes to be a dentist. Then, trying to blend in extracurricular activities and shadowing into the mix without sounding forced. I tried reading the example PS on DatBootcamps website, but it just made me frustrated that I've never taken a dental mission trip to Mexico, or volunteered at the church since the age of 6. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
i'm just having trouble constructing a decent story as to why dentistry, while encapsulating assets i've acquired over my college career that show I have what it takes to be a dentist. Then, trying to blend in extracurricular activities and shadowing into the mix without sounding forced. I tried reading the example PS on DatBootcamps website, but it just made me frustrated that I've never taken a dental mission trip to Mexico, or volunteered at the church since the age of 6. :rolleyes:

I have done neither of those things. In fact my PS is cookie cutter.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey @P0W3RL1FT3R,

I edit personal statements for Essay Analytics/Essay Doctor, so I read/edit a couple hundred essays each cycle. If you don't have a super unique story about hardships or an "ah ha" moment (most people do not, and a lot of the time it comes off as disingenuous) its completely ok. Most people make the mistake of trying to fabricate and stretch personal experiences. What makes some of the best personal statements is honesty and what is actually personal to you (a lot of people forget that part). Start with writing about something that you're passionate about, even if its not on the surface related to dentistry. From there it becomes easier to tie it with 'why' dentistry while also allowing admissions to get to know you. I can give you some tips/advice on your personal statement if you want to DM me.

My statement was pretty basic, although I have a very unique ancestral story, nothing was out of the ordinary on my essay. I used stylistic diction and many descriptors about my experiences. I had many of my friends review it, and received great feedback. I received compliments on every interview on the strength of my essay. So, it's not always the case that you have to have been on a mission trip (which I haven't), but a strong writer will always shine. I can PM you a copy of my statement and I would be more than happy to look yours over.

My statement was pretty basic, although I have a very unique ancestral story, nothing was out of the ordinary on my essay. I used stylistic diction and many descriptors about my experiences. I had many of my friends review it, and received great feedback. I received compliments on every interview on the strength of my essay. So, it's not always the case that you have to have been on a mission trip (which I haven't), but a strong writer will always shine. I can PM you a copy of my statement and I would be more than happy to look yours over.

can I also take a look. there are no good every day joe example on-line to reference from.

I have done neither of those things. In fact my PS is cookie cutter.

whats a good example of ps cookie cutter statement lol. all the examples i read online are extraordinary.

I drafted my own PS. I had multiple people read it, I rewrote it a few times, and had multiple edits.

I would start with some ideas you want to convey and put words around it and making the essay almost insides out than top to bottom.

I had a story of a dental experience, why I like/want Dentistry, work and leadership, my undergrad studies, and shadowing experiences.

I did not list things, more talked about things that happened or how they have prepared me.

How do I prevent my PS from being an autobiography?? I want to string the hardships, shadowing, volunteer, personal goals, etc into a neat story. Should I even try to avoid an autobiography? Stick to one event?
Much tougher than I thought... Wish secondaries applications were given to every applicant so I could talk about those there.

How do I prevent my PS from being an autobiography?? I want to string the hardships, shadowing, volunteer, personal goals, etc into a neat story. Should I even try to avoid an autobiography? Stick to one event?
Much tougher than I thought... Wish secondaries applications were given to every applicant so I could talk about those there.

You don't have to squeeze everything into a few thousand characters. They have your resume and extracurriculars. Out of what you mentioned, focus on hardships and goals. It's the only time you'll have to tell something about yourself that they don't already know pre-interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

Start by outlining some key points you want to hit and where in your essay. Then add words connecting the ideas and points. This can help you.

I did my essay paragraph at a time and then put it in order, then I edited a lot.

Pm if you want more specifics/help

If you need help with your essay you can go to https://abrahamessays.com
High quality and low prices

Can I see your essay as well, if you don't mind!
Thanks!

you can also use this website, if you have some questions with your college papers. I use it and I'm totally satisfied

I would include an understanding of what dentistry really is as part of a PS. Since you have the prerequisite science courses under your belt, you will know half already. The shadowing experience should give you a little of the other half. What is that? The combination and application of basic science with clinical procedures. After all, what do dentists really do......procedures. Dentistry is a procedure based field for the most part, and even the most simple of these has its basis in basic and physiologic science. That is what makes a dentist a doctor, and not a technician or dental therapist.

Reactions: 1 user
I would include an understanding of what dentistry really is as part of a PS. Since you have the prerequisite science courses under your belt, you will know half already. The shadowing experience should give you a little of the other half. What is that? The combination and application of basic science with clinical procedures. After all, what do dentists really do......procedures. Dentistry is a procedure based field for the most part, and even the most simple of these has its basis in basic and physiologic science. That is what makes a dentist a doctor, and not a technician or dental therapist.

Did you write that in your personal statement?

I did not write a personal statement back in 1978 when I applied to DS. I was in a combined degree program and already accepted. The personal interview lasted 5 minutes where they said I was accepted. I read essays for PG dentistry now. I am a PD. This is my own personal view of what dentistry is, but to be honest....isn't it? Even the cosmetic part of the field has a basis in anatomic and physiologic science. Just my opinion.

I am very poor at writing too. What I did was just write; It doesn't have to be grammatically correct....Just write. After you're done writing proofread to your best ability, then seek PROFESSIONAL HELP (you might need to pay them).

Are you looking for some kind of writing help, Right. Well I know some one who can definitely help you out for " essay-analytics " Well you said you are going to pay $250 for this . May I know this prize is for whole Project or else. i think you will definitely like Best editing and proofreading services in USA. I am sharing my own Personal Experience with this, they are just fantastic. I know you can find out so many of them on the web. But No one will take Guarantee for this work. just go for it, tell them about your Problem, After a full review they will let you know about the prize and other things. Hope you like this.

Are you looking for some kind of writing help, Right. Well I know some one who can definitely help you out for " essay-analytics " Well you said you are going to pay $250 for this . May I know this prize is for whole Project or else. i think you will definitely like Best editing and proofreading services in USA. I am sharing my own Personal Experience with this, they are just fantastic. I know you can find out so many of them on the web. But No one will take Guarantee for this work. just go for it, tell them about your Problem, After a full review they will let you know about the prize and other things. Hope you like this.

Lol

I wrote my PS about how I never had a defining "epiphany"/mission trip story that made me want to pursue dentistry by age 4. Write about you, that's what schools want. You somehow landed on dentistry despite not having your "ahh ha" moment, so tell that story. I think that as long as you write something unique that ties into why you want to go to D-school, you'll be fine.