• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Essay feedback 2020

ljgissler

Mar 20, 2020
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
Hey all! If anyone would be willing to proofread my essay that'd be great and I'd be happy to return the favor! I decided to start a new thread since it seems that PTCAS is changing the prompt this cycle. Here's the prompt (taken from Wisconsin-Madison's admissions website) for anyone interested:

Every person has a story that has led them to a career. Since there are a variety of health professions that “help” others, please go beyond your initial interaction or experiences with physical therapy, and share the deeper story that has confirmed your decision to specifically pursue physical therapy as your career. (4500 characters)

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

dptdiaries

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hey, everyone, this prompt is a great one. So many ways you can spin this and really show your passion for the career field. I applied last year and got accepted if anyone wants me to proofread their essay just email me since I have some downtime before school actually starts.

dpthopeful14788

Jul 8, 2020
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
Hey, everyone, this prompt is a great one. So many ways you can spin this and really show your passion for the career field. I applied last year and got accepted if anyone wants me to proofread their essay just email me since I have some downtime before school actually starts.

Would you be willing to read mine? DM me!

PTAide2DPT

2+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2017
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
Did anyone else have difficulty with trimming your essay down to 4,500 characters? I was 2/3 of the way done my essay and then checked the character count and I had already went over the limit.

JMarcusDPT

Jasmine Marcus, PT DPT CSCS
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2012
New York
  1. Physical Therapist
Did anyone else have difficulty with trimming your essay down to 4,500 characters? I was 2/3 of the way done my essay and then checked the character count and I had already went over the limit.
Most people have trouble with that. I'd advise writing out everything you want to say and then afterwards see what you can cut down. Often people add in too many irrelevant details, repeat themselves, and use unnecessarily wordy phrases, so be on the lookout for those things.

Reactions: 1 users

destination.dpt

Aug 28, 2019
www.destinationdpt.com
  1. Physical Therapy Student
Most people have trouble with that. I'd advise writing out everything you want to say and then afterwards see what you can cut down. Often people add in too many irrelevant details, repeat themselves, and use unnecessarily wordy phrases, so be on the lookout for those things.
Agreed with this! Don't stress about the word count until you have written a full draft. It's always easier to cut down after rather than trying to cut it down while writing. It's okay to word vomit the first draft :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.