Essay feedback 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ljgissler

Reaction score
Hey all! If anyone would be willing to proofread my essay that'd be great and I'd be happy to return the favor! I decided to start a new thread since it seems that PTCAS is changing the prompt this cycle. Here's the prompt (taken from Wisconsin-Madison's admissions website) for anyone interested:

Every person has a story that has led them to a career. Since there are a variety of health professions that “help” others, please go beyond your initial interaction or experiences with physical therapy, and share the deeper story that has confirmed your decision to specifically pursue physical therapy as your career. (4500 characters)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied last cycle (and was accepted to a program) so I’d be happy to read your essay for you!

Thank you so much! Can I pm you my contact info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd gladly proofread your essay!

If you are still looking for another proof reader I could help. I was accepted to a program this upcoming spring in California

Hi! Haven't checked in here in a bit, but noticed this and would love to help. I was accepted to all programs I interviewed for (4) and would love to help if you or anyone else is interested!

If you are still looking for another proof reader I could help. I was accepted to a program this upcoming spring in California

Hi would you be able to proof-read my essay as well :)

Hi! Haven't checked in here in a bit, but noticed this and would love to help. I was accepted to all programs I interviewed for (4) and would love to help if you or anyone else is interested!

Can I send you mine to look over for the new prompt? I can PM you details!

Would anyone be interested in reading/proofreading my essay? This is my third cycle applying and I want it to be the last!

Hello!, Hope you are doing well! I would love if you could read my personal statement and PTCAS essay as well!

Hey, everyone, this prompt is a great one. So many ways you can spin this and really show your passion for the career field. I applied last year and got accepted if anyone wants me to proofread their essay just email me since I have some downtime before school actually starts.

Hey, everyone, this prompt is a great one. So many ways you can spin this and really show your passion for the career field. I applied last year and got accepted if anyone wants me to proofread their essay just email me since I have some downtime before school actually starts.

Would you be willing to read mine? DM me!

Did anyone else have difficulty with trimming your essay down to 4,500 characters? I was 2/3 of the way done my essay and then checked the character count and I had already went over the limit.

Did anyone else have difficulty with trimming your essay down to 4,500 characters? I was 2/3 of the way done my essay and then checked the character count and I had already went over the limit.
Most people have trouble with that. I'd advise writing out everything you want to say and then afterwards see what you can cut down. Often people add in too many irrelevant details, repeat themselves, and use unnecessarily wordy phrases, so be on the lookout for those things.

Reactions: 1 users
Most people have trouble with that. I'd advise writing out everything you want to say and then afterwards see what you can cut down. Often people add in too many irrelevant details, repeat themselves, and use unnecessarily wordy phrases, so be on the lookout for those things.
Agreed with this! Don't stress about the word count until you have written a full draft. It's always easier to cut down after rather than trying to cut it down while writing. It's okay to word vomit the first draft :)