Essay Help

Started by Sparda29
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question about what is not appropriate on an essay.

Let's say your interest in pharmacy comes from your curiosity of how a drug affects the human body. And this curiosity comes from your own experience in trying out illegal drugs. Should I make up something about why I have a curiosity about drugs or should I tell the truth and say that I tried out marijuana, heroin, LSD, mushrooms in high school?
 
Maybe I'm just a stick in the mud, but I'ld say a big fat no to the idea of including illicit drug use in a personal statement.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry...I just LOLed at that idea. I mean...that would probably be a huge red flag and bad judgment call. A HUGE risk at the very least. I wouldn't risk it at all. Find another way to relate that interest IMO.
 
Unless you want to your application to be shredded you probably shouldn't mention using illegal drugs.
 
I have a question about what is not appropriate on an essay.

Let's say your interest in pharmacy comes from your curiosity of how a drug affects the human body. And this curiosity comes from your own experience in trying out illegal drugs. Should I make up something about why I have a curiosity about drugs or should I tell the truth and say that I tried out marijuana, heroin, LSD, mushrooms in high school?

I say do it, since its your application.