Essay in Interview?

Started by docboy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

docboy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I have an interview for DPT at Loma Linda University in a month, and I was wondering if I would be asked to write an essay before or during the interview. Does any one know (from previous years) if there is such a requirement in DPT programs in general and Loma Linda in particular?
Thanks
 
Yes, interviewed there today, and there are two short/simple essays after your interview. Took less than an hour.
 
The interview I went to also required 3 short essays. They weren't hard by any means... One was a situational question and the other two were personal questions - which was nice- it gave us another chance to let the admissions committee know more about us!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, interviewed there today, and there are two short/simple essays after your interview. Took less than an hour.
Dear PT2014,
Thanks for your response. Did you have to write them on paper or word processor? Could you tell me the general topics? Did you write them like complete 3 or 5 paragraph essays or just one paragraph response?
Could you also share with us about the actual interview like how many interviewers? one or more applicants at a time? what type of questions?
I would really appreciate it.
 
The interview I went to also required 3 short essays. They weren't hard by any means... One was a situational question and the other two were personal questions - which was nice- it gave us another chance to let the admissions committee know more about us!
Dear MarkeMarcel,
Thanks for sharing.
 
I just had my interview there last weekend and you only have to write an essay if you scored below a 4 on the GRE or didn't take it.
 
I got a 4 on the GRE, but they still had me write an essay. I didn't want to question them, so I just said "okay." What's another hour of my time? It gave me some time to think about more questions that I could ask the current students.
 
I got a 4 on the GRE, but they still had me write an essay. I didn't want to question them, so I just said "okay." What's another hour of my time? It gave me some time to think about more questions that I could ask the current students.
Hmm, that's interesting. Did they have your scores on hand? Oh well, like you said it gave you more time. Plus, I heard the topics weren't that difficult.