Feb 28, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hello everyone,

I was reading Cliffs' directions of the essay and it says either require you to express an opnion or present a problem that needs a solution.

Is Cliffs essay topics similar to the actual PCAT?

One of the topics is about "Formal educatoin", which I have no idea about. Can anyone help me on this topic?

( I don't know if I am allow to type the whole topic out here to discuss. If it is okay, then I will)

bballa99

wait what
5+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hello everyone,

I was reading Cliffs' directions of the essay and it says either require you to express an opnion or present a problem that needs a solution.

Is Cliffs essay topics similar to the actual PCAT?

One of the topics is about "Formal educatoin", which I have no idea about. Can anyone help me on this topic?

( I don't know if I am allow to type the whole topic out here to discuss. If it is okay, then I will)
The essay part is extremely easy. I basically wrote jargon and got 3/3 on my essays. Problem is, I'm taking it again because the RC + Verbal screwed me over.. kinda.

Anyways just do this:
1 - restate prompt
2- provide a solution
3- provide 2 more alternate solutions
4- briefly restate solutions and make a nice conclusion :)

But yea, I took the PCAT with no university level english courses and first year classes (bio/chem/calc/phys) and managed to pull an 88 in chem and 3/3 on my essays, which I guess is the highlight.

I'm obviously retaking it though, and im using Dr.Collins (from a friend..)

I don't think it would be a good idea to post the prompt here either.