Essay Question from Cliffs

Started by myru0127
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

myru0127

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I was reading Cliffs' directions of the essay and it says either require you to express an opnion or present a problem that needs a solution.

Is Cliffs essay topics similar to the actual PCAT?

One of the topics is about "Formal educatoin", which I have no idea about. Can anyone help me on this topic?

( I don't know if I am allow to type the whole topic out here to discuss. If it is okay, then I will)
 
Hello everyone,

I was reading Cliffs' directions of the essay and it says either require you to express an opnion or present a problem that needs a solution.

Is Cliffs essay topics similar to the actual PCAT?

One of the topics is about "Formal educatoin", which I have no idea about. Can anyone help me on this topic?

( I don't know if I am allow to type the whole topic out here to discuss. If it is okay, then I will)

The essay part is extremely easy. I basically wrote jargon and got 3/3 on my essays. Problem is, I'm taking it again because the RC + Verbal screwed me over.. kinda.

Anyways just do this:
1 - restate prompt
2- provide a solution
3- provide 2 more alternate solutions
4- briefly restate solutions and make a nice conclusion 🙂

But yea, I took the PCAT with no university level english courses and first year classes (bio/chem/calc/phys) and managed to pull an 88 in chem and 3/3 on my essays, which I guess is the highlight.

I'm obviously retaking it though, and im using Dr.Collins (from a friend..)

I don't think it would be a good idea to post the prompt here either.