Essay Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Member60439

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I am saying "I" too much in my essays. Is it okay to sound a bit conversational/ autobiographical or should it be a bit more formal?
 
I think it is okay to use "I" frequently in the essay because the essay does say "describe YOUR decision making process..." so I think it would be hard not to use "I" often. I am still working on my essay, but I have used "I" a lot so far in what is already written. Others essays I have seen so far use "I" a lot too.
I would not have I as the first word of every single sentence though.