Essay Topic > > > Problems in medicine?

Started by Wile
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wile

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For my English class I have to write an argumentative essay on a controversial topic. I'd like it to be related to medicine in some way, shape, or form.

I was thinking either stem cell research (kind of an overdone topic) or physician assisted suicide.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?
 
For my English class I have to write an argumentative essay on a controversial topic. I'd like it to be related to medicine in some way, shape, or form.

I was thinking either stem cell research (kind of an overdone topic) or physician assisted suicide.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

The recent book "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" uncovered some controversial topics related to human tissue research, informed consent, and possible patient reimbursement. I don't think it's overdone yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One pertinent one at the moment is how to best distribute a limited amount of health care resources among the population.
 
One pertinent one at the moment is how to best distribute a limited amount of health care resources among the population.

And related to this, the fact that a huge proportion of health care costs come from end-of-life care, which leads to a much more fresh controversy than euthanasia: death panels.