Essay word count

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itssammi66

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I copy and paste my essay into PTCAS from a Word document, it does not show the entire essay.

For example, one of the supplemental essays is 1,000 word max. My essay in Word is about 500 words but when I copy and paste it, it only copies over about 160 words and it says my word count is 1000/1000. Any advice on how to fix this?

Members don't see this ad.

I would double check and make sure it is 1000 words and not 1000 characters! Sounds like the 160 words might be hitting a 1000 character limit!

I would double check and make sure it is 1000 words and not 1000 characters! Sounds like the 160 words might be hitting a 1000 character limit!

Wow..I feel totally silly. I didn't even consider the difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow..I feel totally silly. I didn't even consider the difference.
It happens to a lot of people! It ends up being large difference though, so it usually means rewriting the essay. PTCAS is complicated and has lots of little directions, so always make sure to double check everything.

When I copy and paste my essay into PTCAS from a Word document, it does not show the entire essay.

For example, one of the supplemental essays is 1,000 word max. My essay in Word is about 500 words but when I copy and paste it, it only copies over about 160 words and it says my word count is 1000/1000. Any advice on how to fix this?
I also had a similar situation with a thousand characters, but then I had to redo my work as it turned out to be less than the stated minimum. Although for me the fewer characters, the better, since it is doubly difficult to cope with many words. I recently prepared my first resume using the best resume writing service 2020. And want to say that this task was more difficult than it seems at first glance. Maybe due to lack of experience and knowledge.

Last edited: