Essayedge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jbird0147

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new and had a quick question for you guys.

I am currently working on my personal statement and was wondering if using an online editing service (such as Essayedge) would be OK. I mean, is it considered cheating?

It is my understanding that these services do not change content but help in delivery...and that they actually advertise on this site.

So am I correct to assume that it is OK to use such an online editing service??

Thanks for the help everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Sure it's "OK" to use one, but beware that the quality of these editing services varies widely. They employ many writers/editors, so it's the luck of the draw whether you get someone who's any good. If you want free help, check out your school's writing center or ask someone on SDN.

Thanks for the reply Rose!

I am totally happy with the content and organization of my PS. I am just looking for some help in the delivery so as to make it stand out more?!?

I have tried the english department on campus and but was not able to find help.

So as long as I know that using an online edidting service is not "cheating"...I
may consider it if I am not able to get help elsewhere. I just want to make sure as I certainly don't want to do anything considered to inapproperiate.

Anynone else....rather does anyone consider it wrong to use such a service?

Thanks again!

I think EssayEdge is great, and I dont think its cheating. They are not going to write your essay for you, but they are going to reword it to make it sound better; the content of your writing is basically the same.

Also, dont think that you can submit an essay that is poorly written with no substance and expect anything great in return. They can only make a good essay great, but they cannot make a bad essay good.