Essays on optomcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afgdoll15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you guys tailor your essay topic specifically for each school or just sent a general one? And what did you name your essay? I see it says to name each essay to correspond to the name of each school, but i'm confused. I was just going to send one general essay so what do i name it??

Members don't see this ad.

Did you guys tailor your essay topic specifically for each school or just sent a general one? And what did you name your essay? I see it says to name each essay to correspond to the name of each school, but i'm confused. I was just going to send one general essay so what do i name it??

I just named it "Personal Statement." I could be wrong about this, but I don't think you have to rename it for every school if you just use one essay.

I just named mine "Optometry Personal Statement" and used one general one for all the colleges I applied to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay thanks that makes sense. I think i'm ready to submit by application! I'm so nervous to click the submit button!

Thanks! I submitted last night. Feels good! Now time to do the supplementary applications!

Hi,
After saving my personal statement in optomcas, when i try to print review, why does everything shows in one paragraph? am i doing something wrong? I really need some help ASAP.

Thanks.

Hi,
After saving my personal statement in optomcas, when i try to print review, why does everything shows in one paragraph? am i doing something wrong? I really need some help ASAP.

Thanks.

Mine did the same thing - don't worry about it.

Mine did the same thing - don't worry about it.

Thank you very much for replying back. So, when optomcas sends/print out the essay/application they will be in paragraph format? I'm just little worried.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

It takes out all the places where you pressed tab and they don't get counted as characters. It happens to everyone's essay so I'm sure the schools know that and don't care. Don't worry about something so small!