Essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jc812

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
TO anyone who applied!

How much time did you spend on the essays? How many drafts? How many people proofread them? Who were they?

Members don't see this ad.

TO anyone who applied!

How much time did you spend on the essays? How many drafts? How many people proofread them? Who were they?

It took me about 2 hours to write a rough draft. I only had a friend who is a 1st year medical student to proofread and offer suggestions. With those suggestions it took me about 45 minutes to fix it and then we both went through it again with no major changes and it was done. The hardest part for me was keeping it at a limit of 500. Mine is 500 btw exactly.

I spent about a week making sure my essays were ready. I wrote them in a couple hours and just made small changes after that. I had my mom and boyfriend who is an English major both look them over a couple times and give me feedback for changes. It sucks that the schools have different questions. I ended up writing about five different essays. I'm glad to be done!