Essential tremor in orthopedic surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Football10

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, Guys.
I have mild essential tremor which needs beta-blocker (minimum dose).
Do you know any kind of surgeons who take beta-blocker regularly?
What do you think of surgeons who have ET?

I can perform surgical procedures with beta-blocker. Can you proud of yourself with beta-blocker as a surgeon?

Please give me your opinions and advice.
 
There's nothing wrong with taking a beta blocker as a surgeon.

The only thing I would be concerned about is the fact that ET is a progressive disease.
 
Thank you very much two people. I continue to work as a orthopedic surgeon. My ET is mild, so I guess I can function with b-blocker. Fortunately, I'm interested in Joint surgeries which does not require fine skills.

Regards,