Establishing an organization?

Started by No2thDk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

No2thDk

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a predent at a small university. I want to get a group started for predent students to meet and share ideas. Maybe go on trips to dental conventions or tour schools. Any ideas on how to start a group like this?
My pre-professional advisor and student life office were no help.
Have any of you started anything like this?

Any advice is appreciated
Thanks,

------------------
Jessy
 
Our dental club, a group of about 15 people got together, elected officers to run the club, and then established an ASDA chapter at our school. I think if you go to their website (American Student Dental Association), you will find info on starting a chapter at your school. It's such a nice thing to have! Definitely recommend taking trips to visit dental schools, it's so much fun and you really bond with people with similar career goals. I have made a lot friends through our chapter. Hope this helps
 
Yes I am founder and president of Delta Delta Sigma a ASDA chapter at MTSU. you need to talk to Beth Winer, she will help you organize and start your club. call or write her at:

1.800.621.8099 ext. 2845

ASDA.net.org email

Beth Winer
211 E. Chicago Ave Suite 1160
Chicago Ill 60611

[This message has been edited by DrDMD05 (edited March 28, 2001).]
 
Thanks jbritt and DrDMD05! I can't wait to get started!


------------------
Jessy