establishing residency

Started by waterloo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

waterloo

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if I go to an out of state school, what do I do to attempt to become a resident of that state? Does anyone have any real experience with this???

Are some states more strict??

Do some states allow you to establish residency after being a student for 1 or 2 years??

Thanks
 
I know in Indiana and California, you cant establish residency while taking classes.

I had friends who took a year off in order to establish residency. You'll need a job, however you dont need to own property, just a job and address, for 365 days. no classes allowed during that time.
 
what is your state waterloo? i know tons about NC. i've also lived in Alaska, texas, louisiana, georgia, virginia and alabama!