eTextbooks vs Original ones

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

izzy_dpt

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I got into a program that starts in the fall and was curious on anyone’s thoughts or experiences on using eTextbooks instead of regular paper copies. If you do, what device do you use? I know there are pros and cons to using online books, but thought it would be nice to have all my books on one device without having to carry them all around.
Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have some on my Ipad and some hard copies but the hard copies always stay at home and I use them there. The books I use the most I looked for a copy that could be done electronically also for the exact reasons you said of not having to carry them. These books are too heavy for that.

I have some on my Ipad and some hard copies but the hard copies always stay at home and I use them there. The books I use the most I looked for a copy that could be done electronically also for the exact reasons you said of not having to carry them. These books are too heavy for that.

Good to know, thank you! Did you get your eTextbooks from Amazon as I know there are other websites out there. Also, one other question, are you able to print like a page or table from your eTextbook if you would like it on paper or are there restrictions from the publisher?

Thank you!

Some of our books can be accessed through our schools library where we can log in and use them daily. I typically searched the ISBN on google and see through results where the best deal could be found. I am sure there would have to be some permission if you used it in a report but just for your notes I dont think there is any concern. Just screenshot the page and crop it to what you need. For your own personal notes, that most likely not many would see, I highly doubt there would be something to worry about. Our notes given to use through powerpoints and such typically have all the tables you would need so I havent done it. To be clear, the books I use the most I have both print and ebook form and what I said earler didn't make that clear. Also you wont need every book that is recommended, at least we didnt. We always asked the class before us which they recommended and that helped us make our choices.