Ethics complaint question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starbucks12345

Reaction score
I'm interested in filing an ethics complaint with a guy who is a licensed psych and who vandalized my car and is writing weird things about me to other potential therapy clients I might have in the future.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is a criminal matter that should be handled by the police. Go to the police. If your property was damaged, it is not a "cyber" issue.

If the police charge him, he has to report it to the board.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
idk. I'm trying to figure that out. most states have some kind of rules stating that someone is a professional 24/7, even when not seeing patients.

I am not aware of these rules outside of mandated reporting issues and issues that would directly impact your ability to practice.

A psychologist posting harassing statements about someone else does impact their ability to practice, no? Especially if that person has child patients, who typically have to deal with bullying in their schools

If it's criminal harassment , and there is legal action taken, maybe. But, without some sort of legal action/judgment taken, boards do not act on hearsay.

Yes, but there's no proof he is the one who vandalized my car. The timing isn't coincidental, though.

Is it better to have a paper trail, or not have a paper trail?

Your job is to report the crime. The police's job is to investigate the report.

Report EACH time something happens. They will eventually do something about it.

Thanks! Is it hearsay though if he is the one who posted these things about me? It's not anonymous or anything. We all know who made them.

I guess you could send in screenshots to the board, but unless they are egregious enough to violate a rule within the statutes, I do not think they'd do anything.

Did your relationship have a professional or mentorship dynamic in the past? If so, some of the guidelines on human relations/multiple relationships could be relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.