ETSU DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexanderfogg

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from East Tennessee State?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email around thanksgiving saying that my application would no longer be reviewed for the early decision process and would be moved to the regular applicant pool.

I got an email around thanksgiving saying that my application would no longer be reviewed for the early decision process and would be moved to the regular applicant pool.
I got a similar email saying my application will be reviewed closer to march or april

Members don't see this ad :)
They said they’re currently reviewing my application

Got an update that I didn’t get the interview spot! :(

same here :(
Don't give up girl! Keep going if YOU really want it! I learn to listen to yourself and find your WHYs about why you want to pursue PT which keeps me going.

Last edited:
Jn777 and dobsnek,

This year was my second year applying to PT school. Last year I got a lot of rejections and not a single interview. I was hesitant to apply again and glad I did because I got in at UNT in Texas. I did a ton of research for pre-reqs, gpas, test scores and even reached out to the school telling them I am applying to their program. I started early in the application process and got my applications in the first week of august. You got this!

P.S. I didn't get an interview at ETSU either

Jn777 and dobsnek,

This year was my second year applying to PT school. Last year I got a lot of rejections and not a single interview. I was hesitant to apply again and glad I did because I got in at UNT in Texas. I did a ton of research for pre-reqs, gpas, test scores and even reached out to the school telling them I am applying to their program. I started early in the application process and got my applications in the first week of august. You got this!

This was my second year applying as well. I did similar things things cycle, to no avail. However, I appreciate your optimism! I’m holding out hope for one waitlist I’m on, but I’ve already started preparing for the next cycle. Best of luck at UNT!

Jn777 and dobsnek,

If you don't mind me asking what was you pre-req and overall gpa? How much is tuition there? UNT is one of my preferred schools so I want to see how I can be a strong a candidate.
Thanks!

I had a 3.2 cgpa and 3.4pre req gpa. Tuition is much cheaper roughly $60,000 and no deposit.
A few things that I think helped me. 1) Essay- I got mine done end of may. 2) last 60 credit hours and no gre was big for me. 3) experience- you dont need a ton but try to get several different settings even if its like 40-60 hours.
Hope that helps! Reach out if you have other questions