1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

ETSU Pharmacy School

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by UTCPharm, Nov 28, 2005.

1. UTCPharm

UTCPharm Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I am applying to ETSU, but I haven't heard much about what's going on up there. Are people getting interviews already and have they begun accepting students? I heard something about them getting tons and tons of applications, that's about all I know.

Also, what do you guys think about the school? I think it would be kinda cool to be part of its charter class, but at the same time that is a little scary. I would probably prefer to go to a school like Memphis that has already proven itself. But then again ETSU's med school has a great reputation....I just don't know what do you all think? Thanks :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DHG

DHG Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Hey there. I got my undgergrad degrees at ETSU. I think thy're gonna have a good program. I was like you, thinking it would be, on the one hand, neat to be in the charter class, but scary on the other hand. I actually didn't apply at ETSU, I needed to get out of town, I've been here too long! I think they still have about $1 million to raise before they get some sort of 'go-ahead'... I know that a local bank just gave them a huge donation, but they are still a bit short. I don't know it this is preventing interviews from happening yet or if that has nothing to do with it. I just know that there have been no interviews yet. Are you at UT-Chattanooga now?

4. UTCPharm

UTCPharm Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Yeah I'm at UTC right now...just one more semester woohoo! Anyhow, thanks for the info. Hey I noticed on the Roll Call thread that you've been accepted to UT Memphis. Congrats!! That is my first choice, but I just submitted my application today. Do you think that will hurt my chances much or am I still plenty early enough? How long did it take for them to get in touch with you? Sorry for the questions, but now that I'm to that "waiting" part I have gotten really antsy :)

5. DHG

DHG Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I understand the antsy part. I think they will have time to consider your app before the next several interview days, if they aren't already filled up (I doubt they are). I was in the very first group to interview (I had all my stuff in super early) and their deadline is in February (? I think) so you should still be OK. If you go to the website, and follow the links for "current students" there is a calendar on there under "academic calendar" that shows when the interview days are scheduled for... The next interview day is Dec 1st, and then the next is on Jan 5th, then on Jan 19th...There are also 2 interview days in February, 1 in March and 1 in April.

I know two people last year that got in and they interviewed in April (I remember because it was near the end of the Spring Semester).

No worries :thumbup:

After the interview, they called the next day to tell me I was accepted. This is also what happened with the two people I know from last year. They are very quick!

6. ultracet

ultracet 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

They will be accepting their first class for Jan/07

7. DHG

DHG Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Yeah I heard that yesterday too. They hope to still be on schedule to graduate their first class in 2010... They said the inaugural class will start Spring semester 2007, one semester later than planned, due to TN Board of Regents preferring they have all the administration in place several months before students start classes. So the First class of students will have classes in Spring and Summer 2007 instead of Fall 2006/Spring 2007.

All of this is why I didn't apply to such a new school, even though it's in my hometown :laugh: Give 'em a few years to get the kinks worked out :thumbup: