EU citizenship question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookiethecat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like an idiot asking this question, but this forum seems 'safer' than asking international schools directly. I *just* found out that I am entitled EU citizenship as well as my regular US citizenship. As a child or grandchild of a holocast survivor I can apply for it. It never came up, until now..my mom" Wait you can do this"..and your tuition would be cheaper ( Royal College, UC Dublin).

So do I apply for EU citizenship then tell the school? I'm confused because I am applying as a US citizen!?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would contact the consulate of the country you're hoping to gain citizenship in (Germany??) and see what sort of maneuverings it will require to even get it to begin with - it could take a rather significant amount of time and finding documentation. Then worry about how vet schools may look at it. :)

You will still be considered an international student for tuition purposes. I have a friend who was born in the UK and lived there until she was 12, at which time her family moved to the US. She applied to vet school in the UK, but was told that since she has not lived in the country for 3 years + she would have to pay international tuition - even though she is only a UK citizen. The only way around this rule is to live there for a number of years (3?) without attending school.