Evaluation Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Db119225

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I sat for my medical advisory committee meeting and together they have compiled a letter of evaluation that I am including on my application. I completed all parts of my AADSAS app online and went ahead and submitted my application and sent them to my schools I am applying to. I checked in with the head of the advisory committee and she told me she wouldn't have the letter sent in for a couple more weeks! I need some advice. Should I contact the schools and explain to them the holdup on the last letter of evaluation? I was told to e-submit my app as soon as possible which is why I didn't wait for her to submit the letter of evaluation. I just don't like having that one part of my app missing on there. Any suggestions? Am I making a bigger deal than it really is, or should I go ahead and reach out to the schools and explain the situation??

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I submitted everything except my university's committee letter and my dentist LOR. May take a couple more weeks of my committee letter and a week for my dentist LOR. My grades have been verified under a week. Currently paying supplemental fees etc. So once my letters are in, I am good. Should I contact all the schools that my letters are in to update them or they should know already when its in?

I don't think it matters if you call them or not - either way, your application isn't going to be complete until those letters are in. E-submitting before your letters are in is fine, that way you don't have to wait for GPA verification after your letters arrive.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally have my LOR in. Do I need to email them about it? Also I am still waiting for my dentist's LOR. Should I let my schools know that I'm still waiting for my dentist LOR?

I finally have my LOR in. Do I need to email them about it? Also I am still waiting for my dentist's LOR. Should I let my schools know that I'm still waiting for my dentist LOR?
how long did it take your college to upload the letter?