Evaluations and AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When obtaining LORs, should I tell the evaluator to send the evaluation directly to AADSAS, or give them to me?

Also, If they send it directly to AADSAS, what information do they have to provide in the package so that AADSAS sorts it correctly? Thx. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

You can do both. I asked my recommenders to give it to me, put all my LORs in a big envelope, along with the AADSAS application + transcripts, and will send it via priority mail end of May.

my school has an office where I can have all of my LORs sent, and I can just tell them where to send them. Does that mean I can bypass the whole AADSAS step and have them all sent directly to the schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
aadsas has a letter of recommendation sheet (found on the website where you apply) that you can print out and give to the person writing your LOR. the sheet has blanks for your name and ss# (i think) that u fill out and it also has the address that the person writing your LOR can send both the sheet and the LOR to.

i think it's easist on you if u don't have to mail it, and it's prolly better that u don't see what they wrote anyways. unless you really really need to know. maybe u will hear that so and so thought you were good at x or y during your interview. that's always a pleasant surprise! :love:

mikhiel said:
my school has an office where I can have all of my LORs sent, and I can just tell them where to send them. Does that mean I can bypass the whole AADSAS step and have them all sent directly to the schools?

No, you should send everything to AADSAS. Things from AADSAS are sent in periodical mailings to the dental school in a "neat" package.

The only thing you need sent to the school separately is your DAT score. Don't forget to send that one in early as well. The ADA takes FOREVER to mail those things out! :mad: