Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Evaluations and AADSAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by busupshot83, Apr 29, 2004.

1. busupshot83

busupshot83 S.D.N. Vet
    7+ Year Member

When obtaining LORs, should I tell the evaluator to send the evaluation directly to AADSAS, or give them to me?

Also, If they send it directly to AADSAS, what information do they have to provide in the package so that AADSAS sorts it correctly? Thx. :cool:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mo007

Mo007 Gifted Hands
    10+ Year Member

You can do both. I asked my recommenders to give it to me, put all my LORs in a big envelope, along with the AADSAS application + transcripts, and will send it via priority mail end of May.

4. mikhiel

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    my school has an office where I can have all of my LORs sent, and I can just tell them where to send them. Does that mean I can bypass the whole AADSAS step and have them all sent directly to the schools?

5. quickfix

quickfix dental resident
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    aadsas has a letter of recommendation sheet (found on the website where you apply) that you can print out and give to the person writing your LOR. the sheet has blanks for your name and ss# (i think) that u fill out and it also has the address that the person writing your LOR can send both the sheet and the LOR to.

i think it's easist on you if u don't have to mail it, and it's prolly better that u don't see what they wrote anyways. unless you really really need to know. maybe u will hear that so and so thought you were good at x or y during your interview. that's always a pleasant surprise! :love:

6. ziptree

ziptree DDS
    10+ Year Member

No, you should send everything to AADSAS. Things from AADSAS are sent in periodical mailings to the dental school in a "neat" package.

The only thing you need sent to the school separately is your DAT score. Don't forget to send that one in early as well. The ADA takes FOREVER to mail those things out! :mad: