Evaluations without referral

Started by rlw237
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rlw237

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can a PT perform and initial eval (no treatmemt) without a referral In the state of PA or VA?
 
I know Direct Access you can evaluate and treat for 14 or 30 days depending on the state. I'm just talking about performing an initial evaluation no treatment without a script. Thanks for the site.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe that in VA one had to have a DPT or have taken some differential diagnosis and radiology coursework in order to practice in a direct access environment. Not sure about PA. You need to look at the PA and VA physical ther associations websites.