EverlyWell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
We already know that they provide at home COVID testing - but their repertoire is quite vast, and includes fingerstick blood samples.
Any idea as to their accuracy?

This is the first I've heard of fingerstick blood samples for at home testing since the Theranos debacle. They aren't doing Chem7/metabolic panels or CBCs, but they do have quite an array of tests. And now they're a billion+ dollar company.

Members don't see this ad.

We already know that they provide at home COVID testing - but their repertoire is quite vast, and includes fingerstick blood samples.

This is the first I've heard of fingerstick blood samples for at home testing since the Theranos debacle. They aren't doing Chem7/metabolic panels or CBCs, but they do have quite an array of tests. And now they're a billion+ dollar company.
Surprised Amazon hasn’t bought this company or gotten into this space.

Looking at their site makes me leery. None of the corporate officers are pathologists. The other list of “big” names from universities, etc. look like they are the corporate board of directors and they may well be a know nothing (about their company) ala Theranos.
At this time, I would not use their products.

Members don't see this ad :)

There are definitely some companies that are making headway in this space that are far more legitimate that Theranos ever was. Microfluidics will open up some unique opportunities.

All the "swab yourself at home and mail-in" crap is useless.

ALL COVID-19 testing is useless unless you have an answer immediately.

Telling people to self-isolate, avoid friends, family, school and work for an unknown number of days while they get a test back is laughable and an utter testament to how delusional our thinking has been on this from the get go.

The effect of testing which comes back more than 4 hours is purely psychological because in even 12 hours people have infected their family household contacts and co-workers, basically the no.1 and no.2 sources of infection.

People are getting a test done and literally going about their business as normal until they get a result. 12 hours, 2 days, 15 days, it doesnt matter whatsoever, the damage is done by then.

How many people have accessory units on their homes where they can sleep while they wait on a test? How many people have legions of support waiting in the wings to take care of their kids? To do their work? To do normal everyday stuff??

This is such a joke I am baffled how the human race even climbed out of the proverbial genetic swamp and became semi-intelligent to begin with.

Last edited: