Everybody on SDN has a high MCAT 514+

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheAppleJuice

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay so do people on here think that people generally tell the truth about their STATS on these forums? seems like everyone has a 514, 518, 524 MCAT lol

Members don't see this ad.

drhouse-everybodylies.jpg

Reactions: 15 users
There are a lot of people with lower MCATs (even sub 500 ones).
But even if there are a disproportionate number of high mcats on this site there are a few good reasons for it.
1.) people like to brag about accomplishments and are more likely to talk about high mcats than low ones.
2.) people lie
3.) only a certain subset of people will ever come to SDN. Those typically being ones putting extra effort into applying and thus might put extra effort into MCAT prep.

Those are just a few off the top of my head

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There are a lot of people with lower MCATs (even sub 500 ones).
But even if there are a disproportionate number of high mcats on this site there are a few good reasons for it.
1.) people like to brag about accomplishments and are more likely to talk about high mcats than low ones.
2.) people lie
3.) only a certain subset of people will ever come to SDN. Those typically being ones putting extra effort into applying and thus might put extra effort into MCAT prep.

Those are just a few off the top of my head
A friend of mine literally doesn't use this site because she thinks " Everybody on there is there to brag anyway" ( She's a dental student at UPenn)

Its called reporting bias.

Rest assured, the average applicant is around a 501 I believe, matriculant is 509.

Reactions: 1 users
okay so do people on here think that people generally tell the truth about their STATS on these forums? seems like everyone has a 514, 518, 524 MCAT lol
Keep in mind the SDN community. These students tend to be the smart alacky premeds. There's an infinite amount of "518 MCAT, 4.0, found cure to Schizophrenia, WAMC at St. Georges???" here on SDN.

Chill with the comparisons is my advice. Only you know your score, and where you can end up. Apply smartly.

I don't think many people are lying about it, it's just the type of crowd that seeks out SDN is not representative of all applicants. It's exactly the same phenomenon with College Confidential, seems like everyone scores top few percent SAT/ACT and started three charities, but that's just because it is mostly competitive tryhards that want to spend time learning about/discussing the admissions game.

Reactions: 4 users
I don't think many people are lying about it, it's just the type of crowd that seeks out SDN is not representative of all applicants. It's exactly the same phenomenon with College Confidential, seems like everyone scores top few percent SAT/ACT and started three charities, but that's just because it is mostly competitive tryhards that want to spend time learning about/discussing the admissions game.

Altough, I think this site is waaay more useful than CC. High schools often have decent advisors, and everyone is applying to college. Med school is a waaayyy more complex process and a lot of schools have terrible pre med advisors, way fewer people apply/get into med school, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile