Everyone else gets a thread: go huskies: the UW thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mepstein

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious to know what people will be doing for living situations, how many of you are undergrads at UW, it's going to fun to see how many people i recognize from our big a$$ classes. Hopefully we can start to build some relationships

Members don't see this ad.

The damn huskies beat the ducks last night in basketball. It should have gone the other way...im going to blame it on bad officiating. Some very questionable calls at the end. Good game though.

GoDucks69 said:
The damn huskies beat the ducks last night in basketball. It should have gone the other way...im going to blame it on bad officiating. Some very questionable calls at the end. Good game though.

Hahaha...sorry that we bit you in the a$$. Go Huskies! Who are the Ducks now? :laugh:

Hi Meptein,

I might be your potential classmate (was accepted a few weeks ago), however, I am still waiting to hear back from my #1 choice. Don't ask what my #1 choice is! But I love UW. I was an undergrad there and to me, it is the most beautiful school in the whole continent; I think the scenic campus is why you see so many happy and smiley students, staff, and faculty.

Also, nice stats considering that you went here. Bio was a killer for everyone so your Science GPA is pretty excellent

Members don't see this ad :)
GO DAWGS!! Just beat up on Oregon St. tonight. Nate Robinson won the dunk contest with some sick dunks. Anyway, I'm going to UW as well and can't wait to get going. Look forward to meeting you both.

I'm jealous. I applied to UW and have been denied 3 times. Of course, I'm from Michigan, and didn't attend any WICHE schools (I think that's what they're called, right). It's beautiful out there, and all of my favorite music comes from there, so I wanted to go to school there. But it just never worked out.

what's everyone doing next year for housing? i am looking at getting a two bedroom condo...i dont know where, maybe sandpoint...hope you guys got your deposits in!! i guess i'll meet you in the spring, i think we have a big party down at the WAC

mepstein said:
what's everyone doing next year for housing? i am looking at getting a two bedroom condo...i dont know where, maybe sandpoint...hope you guys got your deposits in!! i guess i'll meet you in the spring, i think we have a big party down at the WAC

Hi Mepstein,

It's nice to know that my future classmates are sociable :)
I'm thinking of renting a 1 br apartment anywhere near the BurkGilman trail so I can bike to class when it's not raining (which might never happen but I like the possibility).
Hey, I have this really strange thought for the last 2 years now; it really has nothing to do with anything but it has kept me awake a night for so long and I would appreciate you guys' opinion on the matter. Here it is; please dont laugh :oops:
Is it just me or are the UW dental students ridiculously good-looking? I mean the girls are either really cute or pretty and most of the guys look like the just stepped out of an Abercrobie & Fitch catalog. I don't get it. No where do I see this phenomenon. I don't understand this phenomenon. Please help! It's not just me; I have heard similar comments from other folks. Do you agreed? If you do, why do you think this is the case? Also, I'm not saying that I am cute/pretty/hot since I've been accepted there; I'm just very curious that's all.

Dang, it looks like my chances may have taken a serious hit! ;) Well, I suppose people notice me. Haha, at least my g.f. tells me i'm hot. I think the PNW just breeds good look'n folks.

I'm a first time poster but have been monitoring these boards for a couple months now. It's nice to hear that some people are in. I applied late (Oct.) and interviewed the first week of Feb. Now i'm playing the waiting game. It sucks b/c you always hear the stories of UW calling people the next day, but time will tell. How many of you are currently in BIOC 406. I found out that one of the girls in my interview group has been sitting two rows infront of me the entire quarter. You gotta love Hogness. Anyway congrats and i hope to see you all next august if not sooner.

I got my one and only rejection letter from UW- I kinda feel a part of the family ya know!?!?!?

GO BIG PURPLE!!!

I am so curious to know who i will recognize when schools starts.
I'm in Bioc 406 right now too. Good luck with test on friday. I interviewed in november and was accepted january 20, for what that is worth

mcshow2 said:
I got my one and only rejection letter from UW- I kinda feel a part of the family ya know!?!?!?

GO BIG PURPLE!!!

hey, i'm just curious, but when did you get your rejection letter and when did you interview? please holler back - i'm just waiting (anxiously) to hear from them to make my final decision about where to go next year. thanks! and congrats on UCLA! what up westwood.

OH MY GOSH! i thought i had bombed my interview today and gave up all hope and was pretty depressed....i waited for the call at but around 4:30 I had lost all hope......then 4:45 phone vibrates and i open it up to see the name "kathy craig"..... I'm in shock and i pick up the phone gives me the great news! so freakin dramatic and so emotional!!!! I'm IN! Bleeding purple and gold baby!!!!!! :D Congrats to you alls too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in!!! Just checked my voice mail... Kathy Craig called and gave me the magic news!! I am so excited!

Lefty7 said:
I'm in!!! Just checked my voice mail... Kathy Craig called and gave me the magic news!! I am so excited!

Wow Lefty, congrats! I saw your profile on predents.com. It looks like you've been waiting since forever. I still havent heard but i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks, man. It was a long time. I sincerely wish you the best.

For those of you in the class, how do you think the test went today? I thought it went ok. Personally I enjoy the DNA stuff much more than all the metabolism crap :)

wow,

i am sooo jealous of you guys!!!

i still have year more left to finish up the bio major classes...

just curious - to those who got accepted, did you guys take the Microbio. lab? some mary gates counselor think i should but others think i shouldn't since it's not needed.

i've spoke to kathy craig once...she seemed pretty nice. is it true that if you get to know her better, it's a bonus?

thanks all & congrat! :) :)

It cant hurt. When i went in for my interview she mentioned that she didnt think she had met me yet. As a UW undergrad i almost felt like i should have. Oh well, i will definately try to meet with her next quarter if i get the bad news this cycle. She's very friendly from my breif encounter.

Anyone know how many interview periods they have left? I interviewed back in December and am still holding on. I haven't been rejected yet which means I'm in the holding pile hoping to get one of the last spots. Hopefully I will see all of you in the fall. :)

KSDDS said:
Anyone know how many interview periods they have left? I interviewed back in December and am still holding on. I haven't been rejected yet which means I'm in the holding pile hoping to get one of the last spots. Hopefully I will see all of you in the fall. :)

Hi There,

I think they have about 2 more weeks of interview left, at the most. You should give Kathy Craig a call if you haven't already done so; ask her your status.

To my knowledge the interviews are done. I thought there were interviews this week, but a classmate told me today that he went to be an ambassador and Lia Brawner in the main office told him interviews are finished. Good luck to everyone and see all you 2010-ers at the WAC in May!

angeeeeee said:
To my knowledge the interviews are done. I thought there were interviews this week, but a classmate told me today that he went to be an ambassador and Lia Brawner in the main office told him interviews are finished. Good luck to everyone and see all you 2010-ers at the WAC in May!

Yeah, when i interviewed on Feb. 9th the Financial Aid lady said that they had a week and a half left of interviews which suggested last week would be the last week, but than the student that gave us a tour said that he was signed up to give tours the last week of interview which he thought was the first week of March. Angeee, do you know how many more times the AdCom meets post interviews being finished? I havent recieved a rejection letter yet, so i guess last thursday wasnt the end all, although it seemed a few on the SDN boards got "THE CALL". That being said, this thursday is going to be nerve racking if this is it. Good luck all.

I'm sorry but I don't know the last AdCom meeting date. I spoke with a classmate who talks with Kathy alot and he didn't know either. SOrry guys, all I can say is hang on! I'll post any new info I found out, but you guys will probably know before me anyways. Good luck everyone!!

angeeeeee said:
I'm sorry but I don't know the last AdCom meeting date. I spoke with a classmate who talks with Kathy alot and he didn't know either. SOrry guys, all I can say is hang on! I'll post any new info I found out, but you guys will probably know before me anyways. Good luck everyone!!

thanks angeeee you've been very kind and helpful