Everyone taking the DAT in October

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lindell12a

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I'm not the only one taking the DAT in October! Just wondering who all on this forum is taking it with me.

Apparently the odds are against us. We'll just see....;)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck guys! Don't worry about being too late and don't let other discourage you - I took mine in Nov last year, and had plenty of interviews and offers - wish you all the same!

Hi, I am taking the DAT this Oct but havn't decide what date yet. Probably mid October. I hope I'll do better and get some interviews this year. It will be late but Good luck to us!!:luck:

Middle 1st or 2nd week of Octobre eh?

work work work!
study study study!

I am taking mine on October 9th, but looking at the other scores with the QR and RC, I think I may push it back a week because I really havent focused on those things. Oh and I know several people who have taken it in October and Nov last year and got several interviews and acceptances. I think it is better to take it when you are ready and not force it and then you are really SOL bc you have to wait 3 months!!!

So... WE ROCK!!! Go October!!!

I just took the DAT in September.

Make sure to study the Biology Laboratory procedures. I really had no clue on several of my Bio questions and it rattled my whole sciences section.

I did well overall, but with a shaky start I just thought I'd send a heads-up to you all that haven't taken the test yet.

Good luck!

My GPA is pretty low so this late DAT is going to have to be my saving grace. What is everyone's stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
oct 19 i was gonna take it sooner but I am not prepared..

good call though... seriously like i said it is NOT worth it because you will be realy late... like 90 days late!!

i just pushed mine back to the 16th because I got the destroyer and acheiver and cdp

yeah I'm also fasting this month so I haven't been studying the way I was in the summer and that kind of threw me off, I felt like the bio info just faded away. Also studying destroyer and schaums now, after studying kaplan( which is only good as a refresher)

yeah I'm also fasting this month so I haven't been studying the way I was in the summer and that kind of threw me off, I felt like the bio info just faded away. Also studying destroyer and schaums now, after studying kaplan( which is only good as a refresher)

Happy Ramadan. I actually find it easier to study when I'm fasting. I hole up in the library for hours and don't have to worry about grabbing lunch. :thumbup:

Oh man you're soo lucky all I think about is coffee, and taco bell. lol I get soo easily distracted
and happy ramadan to u as well

I just switched my DAT test date from Oct. 20th to the 29th...I'm hoping those 9 days won't make or break my application as far as how late it is...it's just, I don't want to take the DAT right after the week of midterms. No way. Unfortunately all the centers for the 27th were taken. Blahh...anyway, hopefully this won't be a big deal.

I took mine today Oct 3rd and did much better than i did 2 years ago. not as good as some of the posts i have seen but i am happy esp. since the school i am applying to the acceptance average match my scores.
pat:17
QR:15 (I hate math and it hates me back)
RC:22
Bio: 16
Gen Chem: 16
O chem: 15
Tot Sci: 16
AA: 17

Any feedback on my scores?

I took mine today Oct 3rd and did much better than i did 2 years ago. not as good as some of the posts i have seen but i am happy esp. since the school i am applying to the acceptance average match my scores.

What schools are you applying to?

West Virginia University, yes it is the only school i am applying to. I know that sounds crazy but it is the only one I want to go to for many various reasons. it should help that I am in state
my overall gpa is a 3.14
science gpa 2.84
job shadow hours over 500
plus i have a family

Wow.. you got lovely RC score!!! :love:
But... I'd retake and improve science scores.

I know I'm not the only one taking the DAT in October! Just wondering who all on this forum is taking it with me.

Apparently the odds are against us. We'll just see....;)

You're definitely not alone my friend, in fact I thought I was, but we all can feel reassured now and we're soldiers in the same struggle. I hope bootcamp is progressing nicely for you guys, hang in there we can & will do it God's willing. Feel free to hit me up if you need help with anything and keep pushing. The 31st is game day for yours truly, lol!

- Donjuan

You're definitely not alone my friend, in fact I thought I was, but we all can feel reassured now and we're soldiers in the same struggle. I hope bootcamp is progressing nicely for you guys, hang in there we can & will do it God's willing. Feel free to hit me up if you need help with anything and keep pushing. The 31st is game day for yours truly, lol!

- Donjuan

Yeah, it's not over 'till that acceptance letter rolls in...;) Good luck!

Hey Guys!
I need some serious advice! I have already submitted my application and most of my secondaries but the DAT practice tests are really making me worried. I have been studying for over two months and I am not even getting 18's on the practice exams. I am signed up to take my exam on August 22, 2016 and don't know if I should just take it or push it back. I have friends that are currently attending dental school and said anything after mid-August is too late. If I don't do well then I can't retake the DATs until end of November..
Should I risk it or play safe.

Hey Guys!
I need some serious advice! I have already submitted my application and most of my secondaries but the DAT practice tests are really making me worried. I have been studying for over two months and I am not even getting 18's on the practice exams. I am signed up to take my exam on August 22, 2016 and don't know if I should just take it or push it back. I have friends that are currently attending dental school and said anything after mid-August is too late. If I don't do well then I can't retake the DATs until end of November..
Should I risk it or play safe.
This thread is from 2007, they're probably all dead by now

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Quick question, for bootcamp if you're taking full lengths and then over time and go back to section tests to see your improvement what do you think this means in terms of what scores to expect on the actual dat:

Full length
bio 15
Gchem 15
O Chem 19

Section test
Bio 22
Gchem 20
O Chem 23

Solid section scores.

Given that the DAT is (generally speaking) a recall and regurgitate type exam I want to say that the retakes would be a bit inflated. However, just keep working hard and stay humble and I'm sure these improvements will translate to success

Reactions: 1 user
Quick question, for bootcamp if you're taking full lengths and then over time and go back to section tests to see your improvement what do you think this means in terms of what scores to expect on the actual dat:

Full length
bio 15
Gchem 15
O Chem 19

Section test
Bio 22
Gchem 20
O Chem 23

When are you retaking the dat? I am taking mine November? I used bootcamp before but now I am using datqvault.

I'm taking it Sunday. Why'd you switch from bootcamp?

Bootcamp was good but I did not like the fact that every time i take an exam, the clock will stop working at some point. I want to make sure i see how much time i am taking to complete questions and how it can reflect on my dat. I also like the bio offered in datqvault. It's a bit harder than actual exam and it has 10 exams for every section including full lengths. we can exchange info (online material) if you want. I still have access to all the exams to took on bootcamp. I mean the saved ones. you can call if me interest.
Unity