EVMS Application

Started by Cuddy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cuddy

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently working on my EVMS Medical Masters Program application and I have a few questions!

I have taken 2 Organic Chemistry half courses, each with a lab component, but the EVMS Med Masters application only has one spot for Organic Chemistry. Is it okay to just include one of these half courses?

I am also confused about credit hours, because the university I attend (in Canada) breaks courses down into either a full year (1.0) or half year (0.5) course, and doesn't have any credit hours associated with its courses. Is there a general breakdown of credit hours I can use to convert my courses into credit hours?

Also, the percentage grades on my transcript will be converted into GPAs, right? Is there a set scale used to perform this conversion or does it vary by school? Is it similar to that used by AMCAS?

Thank you very much for any replies!
 
I had the same thing with the organic chemistry, what I did was put :
"Organic I/Organic II" and then for the grade I put "A/A-" or whatever you got in it.

As for your courses, I would probably call up the admissions office, they're really helpful and I don't think I could answer that question. In my school (in Virginia) all the courses are one semester (half year) and can be anywhere from 1 credit hour to 6. If it's a science with a lab, it's probably 4 but I would definitely call and ask.

The AMCAS scale (a 4.0) scale should be fine for the program, but again I would ask.