EVMS Medical Master's 2013 Pre-requisites??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

di1muir

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that have applied to EVMS Medical Masters program for 2013-2014, did any of you guys happen to graduate from a UC school/quarter system schedule? Our school only required us to take 1 G.Chem lab and 1 Ochem lab, and EVMS requires 2 G.Chem with lab and 2 Ochem with lab. I haven't seen such specific requirements for the other SMP programs (GT, Tufts, UCinn).

If anybody had the same problem and managed to apply/get in, any advice would be appreciated!! Admissions office said I could explain my coursework, but most likely I would be required to complete the classes. I would hate for their specific pre-reqs to keep me from applying :(

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you are from any UC (University of California) schools and a premed, then you should've taken 3 quarters of G Chem and O chem Labs (6 total).
I am not sure why you were only required to take one lab for each class - weird.

If you are going to apply to most post-bacc programs, they usually require premed reqs.

If you are from any UC (University of California) schools and a premed, then you should've taken 3 quarters of G Chem and O chem Labs (6 total).
I am not sure why you were only required to take one lab for each class - weird.

If you are going to apply to most post-bacc programs, they usually require premed reqs.

In the semester system, every Chem/Phys/Ochem class has lab integrated, so at all times, you probably have 1 lab a week (3 hours).

In the quarter system, they often have one entire class dedicated to lab for each sequence 1 quarter for Gchem lab, 1 quarter for Ochem Lab etc.

During these quarters, the lab portion is MUCH more intensive, they meet like 2-3 times a week for 3/hrs class. It all evens out.

Op should be fine, EVMS has tons of people from the UC systems, I'm sure they are aware of how the curriculum functions there