EVMS SMP or Drexel IMS???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HomeMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I was wondering if your opinion on which is a better SMP program? EVMS or Drexel? Please respond.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys,
I was wondering if your opinion on which is a better SMP program? EVMS or Drexel? Please respond.

Without a doubt, EVMS Med Masters is leaps and bounds better than Drexel IMS.

Why? Well, there is actually a pretty strong linkage to the host medical school so graduates of the Med Masters program have a very decent shot at getting into EVMS. Drexel IMS doesn't have this, not even close.

What do you think of the linkages? Will Drexel offer a better chance in getting in a home state school compared to EVMS?

What do you think of the linkages? Will Drexel offer a better chance in getting in a home state school compared to EVMS?

If you desperately want to get into your state school, it might be best to attend the more reputable program. In this case, I'm guessing Drexel will be better, but I cannot say for sure. You might want to do some research.

However, I think that for any borderline applicant, you need to be willing to relocate/give up your dream school/etc. This could mean the difference between having a 94% chance of getting into a US allo school versus a very very risky "no data" chance of getting into your home state school. Note: Don't mind the stat, that was pulled from thin air, but EVMS, Tulane, RFUMS, Temple, etc. SMPers have a really good chance of getting into their respective SMP host school.

Lastly, you should contact your school of choice (ie. your state school) and ask if they look favorably on students coming from a SMP and if there is a particular program that they like or have grads from. My bet is, you probably won't get a good answer.