EVMS Wait List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

airix

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
"The committee placed you on the waitlist because of your limited experience in clinical shadowing. If you get shadowing experiences, please send them in along with any other updates and your application will be reevaluated and you could possibly come off the waitlist."

I was wondering how much additional clinical experience should I add before sending updates to the EVMS. Since I have applied, I have shadowed a few physicians in different fields of studies, totaling up to about 10-12 hours. Also, are EVMS waitlists ranked, and where does this seem to place me on the waiting list.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Send in the new clinical experience you have now, and get as much more as you can, as fast as you can. Understand that EVMS MM is evaluating you exactly the same as a med school applicant, and is looking for there to be only one problem (undergrad GPA). Note: be a professional in how you communicate with EVMS.

How to play this: call the office about once every 2 weeks to let them know you're still interested. Be friendly and professional. About once a month, send a new tally of clinical hours and maybe share an anecdote from the wards.

There's no historical waitlist record that would apply this year, but generally SMP waitlists move a lot as people get unexpected MD acceptances and give up their SMP seats. Those waves start after May 15 when accepted students have to give up all but one acceptance. Long slow multiple weekly waves through August.

If you've got the cajones, just bank a lot of clinical hours and move to Norfolk. There will be room for you, but you might not get a confirmed seat until August.

And make sure you know what EVMS MM is and what it is not. Be smart. Read everything on SDN about the MM program and about the MD program.

Best of luck to you.

Hello DrMidlife,

Thank you for replying to my question! Your words have definitely guided me in the right path. I have sent EVMS a letter of interest with my updated statistics, and plan to continue to shadow physicians.

Thanks for all your help!