Evms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KrispyKreme

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how long was your wait time from being processed at AMCAS to getting a 2ry invite from Eastern VA? they have the highest matching rate in VA and their students apparently have a really good time at med school. hope i hear from them soon.

Members don't see this ad.

I was verified 6/18 and just got EVMS last week. So about a month later.

I was verified 7/5 and got the invite on 7/25... so 20 days. Considering the above poster was verified way before me, it looks like they didn't even start looking at new apps until maybe early July... I know there were still people on their waitlist as late as last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still waiting as well :luck: I was verified on the 12th so I am hoping for some love next week :)

i got mine very quickly...don't know how long...maybe 2 weeks? I was verified very early as well

Are most of you guys who posted to this thread VA residents? I know EVMS considers VA residents first and then after getting 60-75% VA residents they look at OOSers. I'm assuming they will not contact OOS until getting to their resident quota first or am i wrong to assume this?

I was verified on June 30th, I believe, and got the secondary invite July 24th. I also am OOS.

I am also OOS

KrispyKreme said:
how long was your wait time from being processed at AMCAS to getting a 2ry invite from Eastern VA? they have the highest matching rate in VA and their students apparently have a really good time at med school. hope i hear from them soon.
Last year I think it was about a month after submitting the primary application that I got a secondary invite and I got the interview invite about three weeks after they received my secondary application. But I didn't submit my AMCAS until the third or fourth week of July. Just try to remember at this point that the school is also having to work their way through a limited number of early decision applicants as well as orientation which starts in another week so I'm sure they are busy. And I hope it is true that their students apparently have a really good time while at med school! ;)