EVVCOM, wuts up??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hkny79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i completed my AACOMAS back in october and i got secondaries from all the schools except EVVCOM. i finally called them up and they said we got your application in late january (i donno why) and it takes 4-6 weeks to process and now its the middle of march and i still dont have a secondary from them. and I believe the secondary deadline is approaching soon and i dont even have a secondary yet. has anyone else experienced this with EVVCOM?

and i thought maybe their class was full already..but thats not the case either..

Members don't see this ad.

VCOM's secondary is on their website! You can either get the PDF version or the Word version.

yeah i know its there..but i think they screen applicants to give secondaries too..so dont they have to mail you the secondaries or did everyone just send the secondary from off their website??

Members don't see this ad :)
They didn't mail me a secondary. They sent me a letter saying that I could get their secondary online. Anyone can download the app. I would suggest doing it just in case...I think their deadline for secondaries is MONDAY March 15th!

Again, check the website and downlad the app...HURRY HURRY...

Good luck!

I agree with the previous post. EVVCOM sent me a letter telling me to access their secondary from the website. To be honest with you, I had already started completing the secondary application. The admission's office acknowledged that they had received my science faculty letters of recommendation before they sent an official letter inviting me to download the online secondary. :) So, I say download it and send it in ASAP.

i called up the admissions office and i was told that they still haven't processed my application yet and so far i haven't recieved an official letter to acess their secondary online. i'm not sure what to do..i dont want to fill out the entire secondary and send in a deposit to find out later that they screened me out for the secondary..is there any cutoff numbers for EVVCOM to send you a secondary?

I can understand your reservations so I really don't know what to tell you. Have you been contacted by any of the other schools that you completed secondary applications for? The VCOM deadline is fast approaching so, I guess if you feel like it is too big of a gamble and your are satisfied with the responses you have recieved from other schools. Then, I suppose you could rule out VCOM. But then, if you have the funds to spare then go for it and in the end when you look back you will know that it was not a missed opportunity. I think one of the worst feelings is the world is regret. Ultimately, I feel you should make the decision that will cause you no regrets.

I hope I've helped. :(

Originally posted by hkny79
i called up the admissions office and i was told that they still haven't processed my application yet and so far i haven't recieved an official letter to acess their secondary online. i'm not sure what to do..i dont want to fill out the entire secondary and send in a deposit to find out later that they screened me out for the secondary..is there any cutoff numbers for EVVCOM to send you a secondary?

Did you talk to Megan Price? She is very helpful and she is the dean of admissions. She would have the answer for you.

I would ask her if you could fill out the secondary and send it in now. The $70 is a drop in the bucket compared to what it has cost you to apply.

If they haven't processed your AACOMAS, then I would think that they would extend the secondary deadline for you. I believe they said during interviews that they get 3,000 applications and interview about 300 students, so it's not surprising that they are still sorting through applications.

If they do ask that you fill out the secondary, the turnaround time should be quick if they want to interview you. They called me to make sure I received the letter, and then called me back a week after receiving my secondary to invite me for an interview.

Let us know how it goes.

So are the secondaries in fact screened? I received the letter yesterday asking me to fill out the secondary....

I am positive that VCOM screens for secondaries. Applicants can be rejected pre-secondary and post-secondary/pre-interview.

Interesting. Last year they rejected me. I suppose something's different this year. :rolleyes:

Ah well, what have I got to lose?

Did they decline your primary or secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get together with them last year to ask them why you were rejected? Schools are willing to do that. Alot of people don't utilize that very important insight into why they have been rejected right from the very mouths that rejected them.

Think about your interview from last time.... did you do the best you could? Were you ascertive in your desire to become a DO, why you wanted to go to VCOM, etc....? Was it close to the end of the cycle last year? Have you anything new to add to your application from last year? Is anything different, more classes, jobs held, new ECs, ect..?

I know the class still has some spots, so you are right.... what do you have to lose.

good luck!!!

P.S. for those interested in VCOM and who are waiting for a secondary invite.... The secondary is online on their website. You should have it all filled in and ready to go so if you get an invite to fill it out, it will be ready and you won't waste precious time.

i got the invitation to fill out the secondary from VCOM. I was wondering if we could send out more then the required letters. They just want 2 letters. would it look bad if I sent more then 2?

My undergrad school handled all my letters. They send them all out everytime. So they sent in 5 for me. Anything from 2-6 is just fine. After 6 they get repetitive.

I think it would be fine. I requested 4 letters and only named the DO and one instructor as people who would be submitting letters. VCOM still acknowledged receipt of all 4 letters.

Ok, I'll be the negative one.

VCOM called me shortly after sending my "invite to complete a secondary" back in November. They were very friendly, and I thought they loved me on interview day.

I got my "waiting list" letter a few weeks after my interview.

Actually, I guess I'm still on their waiting list, and I'm definitely not going to go there, so I suppose that even if you apply and get on the waiting list, there is a chance that you could get in. If not, their secondary is great practice for next year.

I downloaded their app and completed all of my answers to it, then all I had to do was cut-and-paste answers from it to my other apps. Made it real easy.

If they invite you to fill out the secondary, do it, as long as you can get it in b4 the deadline. Even if you don't get in, the school is beautiful and worth visiting.

-NS

Sorry to hear you were waitlisted at VCOM. I wonder, though, since it was in November,...... if you were waitlisted only until they filled their 50% spots to rural virginia, North Carolina and the Appalachian region. They do have a commitment to fill it with those applicants first and then open it up to all others. Are you from that area? If not, then it might not be that they didn't like you, but rather they were still working towards filling that 50% seats requirement.

Just a thought.

Well, I just got ACCEPTED to VCOM today! :clap:

I am so happy! I am finally going to be a DOctor!!!!

When I interviewed, they said the class was 3/4 filled. I'm not sure if they meant deposits received or that 3/4 is definitely coming. Good luck to all and NEVER GIVE UP as AmyB says...I'm living proof of that!

:clap: :love: :clap: :love: :clap: :love: :clap: :love:

:hardy: :thumbup:

Huge congrats. Feels good, doesn't it?

I hope you are no longer in school. You're about to lose any motivation at all to do anything productive!

-NS

Well, I am still in school and the year ends on April 23rd which is SOON...I can't wait to be an MS1!!!

I AM SSSOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: