ewwlll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yesterday i had an appointment with my major advisor, and he told me that since i was taking physics 1 in the summer, i can take the second half in the fall along with biochem. and if i wanted to, i could take instrumental lecture without hte lab because in the fall of my senior year, i'd have pchem with a lab, and it isn't exactly a good idea to mix pchem and instrumental. so today, i'm taking my orgo exam, and my prof. says when i'm done, i need to go and speak to my advisor b/c he said something not right to me. i'm thinking he gave me the wrong PIN to register or something. i get there, and he says that physics is offered at the same time as biochem, so i can't take physics. and the way the classes are set up, i wouldn't be able to take biochem senior year b/c there is no second session, that's only offered every other year.

so, he tells me to take biochem and instrumental with the lab next yearr! the lab has kept people holed up until 11 pm! i don't want to take it!!!!! help!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by musiclink213
yesterday i had an appointment with my major advisor, and he told me that since i was taking physics 1 in the summer, i can take the second half in the fall along with biochem. and if i wanted to, i could take instrumental lecture without hte lab because in the fall of my senior year, i'd have pchem with a lab, and it isn't exactly a good idea to mix pchem and instrumental. so today, i'm taking my orgo exam, and my prof. says when i'm done, i need to go and speak to my advisor b/c he said something not right to me. i'm thinking he gave me the wrong PIN to register or something. i get there, and he says that physics is offered at the same time as biochem, so i can't take physics. and the way the classes are set up, i wouldn't be able to take biochem senior year b/c there is no second session, that's only offered every other year.

so, he tells me to take biochem and instrumental with the lab next yearr! the lab has kept people holed up until 11 pm! i don't want to take it!!!!! help!!!!

This post is way too long to deal with such haphazard formatting. Please use correct punctuation and capitalization in posts of this size.

From what I gather, you don't really have any other options. First, what is your major? Are any of these courses "electives" rather than requirements? Biochem is not a requirement for most medical schools, so if you don't want to take it, don't. Beyond that...good luck.

~AS1~

Originally posted by AlternateSome1
This post is way too long to deal with such haphazard formatting. Please use correct punctuation and capitalization in posts of this size.

From what I gather, you don't really have any other options. First, what is your major? Are any of these courses "electives" rather than requirements? Biochem is not a requirement for most medical schools, so if you don't want to take it, don't. Beyond that...good luck.

~AS1~

well, i'm sorry if my punctuation is not up to par. and actually, i do have to take biochem, seeing as how it's my major. and none of them are electives.