Exam in 3 days...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nostalgicfreedom

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I am taking the DAT in 3 days. I am not going to take the 2009 DAT exam because it doesn't seem feasible to me to pay for at this time. However, I have saved bootcamp's full length test 10. I was wondering if I should take it or just focus on reviewing?
 
If you haven't taken any full-lengths (only saying this because the individual tests are the same as the full-lengths, and I don't know how you've taken #1-9), then I'd take #10 to get the timing down because each section just pops up one after another, and you should test your fatigue too. Maybe stimulate the testing conditions- like two pieces of paper, a marker, extremely quiet setting, giving yourself a 30m break after PAT, etc. and see how you do. Disclaimer though, #10 came from DAT genius, and it's been said to be harder than #1-5 (which were the original BC tests) so don't get bummed if your scores aren't what they've been averaging out to be.

You can take the full-length tomorrow; tomorrow night either review it (if you're up for it) or review your notes; day after tomorrow review #10 if you don't do it tomorrow, and review little things that are still tripping you up but don't forget to relax too, and then test day ace it 😎

Good luck! Let us know how you do 🙂
 
If you haven't taken any full-lengths (only saying this because the individual tests are the same as the full-lengths, and I don't know how you've taken #1-9), then I'd take #10 to get the timing down because each section just pops up one after another, and you should test your fatigue too. Maybe stimulate the testing conditions- like two pieces of paper, a marker, extremely quiet setting, giving yourself a 30m break after PAT, etc. and see how you do. Disclaimer though, #10 came from DAT genius, and it's been said to be harder than #1-5 (which were the original BC tests) so don't get bummed if your scores aren't what they've been averaging out to be.

You can take the full-length tomorrow; tomorrow night either review it (if you're up for it) or review your notes; day after tomorrow review #10 if you don't do it tomorrow, and review little things that are still tripping you up but don't forget to relax too, and then test day ace it 😎

Good luck! Let us know how you do 🙂

My bad. I should've worded myself better! But I took all subjects from tests 1-5 individually, and I took tests 6-9 full length (as suggested by the study guide). I just didn't do test 10 specifically because I wanted to focus on reviewing more. I was wondering if not doing the test will make me not do as well on the real exam (if it contains lots of different questions as compared to tests 1-9.) Thanks for the good luck!
 
My bad. I should've worded myself better! But I took all subjects from tests 1-5 individually, and I took tests 6-9 full length (as suggested by the study guide). I just didn't do test 10 specifically because I wanted to focus on reviewing more. I was wondering if not doing the test will make me not do as well on the real exam (if it contains lots of different questions as compared to tests 1-9.) Thanks for the good luck!
Thats what I did, I saved test 10 till 2 days before my exam, and then just reviewed the last day. Best of luck. Try not to study too hard the night before tho, you can risk getting burnt out.