exam krackers audio osmosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supersash

so what's an epitope?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello friends.

i am taking a kaplan class to review for the mcat, but was interested in these cds to listen to during my drive to school and work, as well as to listen to them at the gym.

do you think they are a worthwhile purchase?

do you think it is practical to listen to them in the car/at the gym?

thanks for all and any input!
sasha

Members don't see this ad.

supersash said:
hello friends.

i am taking a kaplan class to review for the mcat, but was interested in these cds to listen to during my drive to school and work, as well as to listen to them at the gym.

sasha

I like them, a lot of the stuff they say really sticks in your head. Id highly recommend it to supplement your studying.

DrPersistent said:
I like them, a lot of the stuff they say really sticks in your head. Id highly recommend it to supplement your studying.

Agreed. They have random crap that wakes you up from time to time.
Caboose.

That is exactly what I am doing. I am taking the Kaplan course, plus listening to Audio Osmosis in my spare time. So far, it is wonderful.

Kaplan teaches the sciences in the same way you learned them in your undergrad classes (In other words, the complicated yet slightly more accurate way). Audio Osmosis focuses on strategies that you can easily remember and usually do all in your head. For example, for the first time in my life I am now able to do simple projectile motion and free-body diagram problems quickly, easily, and entirely in my head, all thanks to Audio Osmosis. The two men on the CDs are fun to listen to and usually able to keep your attention, even if their jokes are extremely corny.

I listen to them in my car, while walking my dog, and at the gym. If you start listening to them now you'll basically have 6 months of passive learning and I think it will make a big difference. Since you've shelled out over a grand for the Kaplan course (as I have) than go ahead and spend another 150 or so for the CDs, you won't regret it.

Members don't see this ad :)
supersash said:
hello friends.

sasha

I have no comment on the actual quality of the audio osmosis, but I do know that I personally would go crazy if I was listening to something like that while I'm at the gym since it's my relaxation time.

hey sasha....
did u get the CD's yet? i want to get theem as soon as possible. do u have the website by any chance?
thanks

supersash said:
hello friends.

sasha

I bought them off of ebay.

And that's where I will be selling them after April:)

I have the CDs and am looking to sell them, so if anyone is interested PM me.

supersash said:
hello friends.

sasha
I had gotten at least one question on my physical sciences wrong had it not been for Jordon and Jon's stupid jokes. I loved those CD's they were funny in a corny way :cool:

They're great as a supplement. I'm not sure about the gym, but driving, getting dressed or showering are good times. Kind of anytime, you're occupied, but your brain is underused.
Orsay & Zaretsky are great teachers & lots of fun. Of course, it is pretty passive learning, & one has to actively practice problems & passages, & then practice some more problems & passages.