Exam Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medgoal2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm planning to take the DAT June next year and need advice if the materials I had and will have help me with getting 21+ on my test:
- DAT Destroyer (Math + Destroyer + Organic bundle)
- DAT bootcamp (will buy once I start studying)
- Examkracker (only Biology books- need review since most biology/physiology courses taken 2-3 years ago, currently taking Anatomy right now)
- Feralis Note (heard that this is NEED to have)
- AP Bio 3rd edition book
Also I did took the PCAT sometime not long ago and got a 84 composite (98 on chemistry/ 85 on bio)
Is this enough for my study? Also is DAT bootcamp is enough for PAT section? Thank you for your feedback ^^.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say those materials should set you up nicely. I may be a little biased but if you have extra time/money for any reason, I would recommend buying DATQvault for the SNS and QR practice.

Also I see you have a lot of biology resources lined up, which is good, but be sure to not neglect the biology portion of DAT Bootcamp! The explanations that are given for each question are long (sometimes) but very very very useful.

Bootcamp PAT is definitely sufficient for the real thing, just be sure to utilize all of the PAT resources they provide, and practice daily!

Best of luck.

Hi,
I'm planning to take the DAT June next year and need advice if the materials I had and will have help me with getting 21+ on my test:
- DAT Destroyer (Math + Destroyer + Organic bundle)
- DAT bootcamp (will buy once I start studying)
- Examkracker (only Biology books- need review since most biology/physiology courses taken 2-3 years ago, currently taking Anatomy right now)
- Feralis Note (heard that this is NEED to have)
- AP Bio 3rd edition book
Also I did took the PCAT sometime not long ago and got a 84 composite (98 on chemistry/ 85 on bio)
Is this enough for my study? Also is DAT bootcamp is enough for PAT section? Thank you for your feedback ^^.
Just wanted to mention SDN Test Prep week will begin next week, we will offering 2 sets of books and also a 10 percent discount and free shipping to all the participants in our forum. The SDN Test Prep week begins on Sept 18.

You can always message me directly for advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Never thought I'd see Berkeley Review get mentioned here in the DAT section...it's a very comprehensive resource but overkill for the DAT, and the practice passages (designed for the MCAT) aren't of much use.

Thank you for your inputs, Feralis. Mind if I ask, do you think examkraker bio materials enough for comprehensive review (especially for Genetics, Ecology, Evolution and Physiology)?

Thank you for your inputs, Feralis. Mind if I ask, do you think examkraker bio materials enough for comprehensive review (especially for Genetics, Ecology, Evolution and Physiology)?

No, I love Examkrackers as a bio content review source but it's on the opposite end of the spectrum as Berkeley Review: its biggest flaw is that it isn't comprehensive enough - very good illustrations and very clear and succinct explanations but not enough depths on some topics (it also doesn't cover plants at all, and its ecology/evolution coverage is light). The physiology sections are excellent. However, you did mention using Cliff's AP 3rd edition - I think Cliff's and Examkrackers together are an excellent combination for content review. If you want even more detail, I recommend using Campbell's biology textbook as a reference for specific areas (not as a resource to learn everything from - it's way too long/detailed). If you're using Cliff's/Examkrackers and my notes then I think you'll be more than covered in terms of necessary breadth and depth for the biology section.

I have replied to your private message and can offer you some excellent guidance. I have years of experience and credentials to back my advice.

Dr. Romano

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user