ExamKrackers books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JerseyGirl83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would the ExamKrackers books (for the Mcat) be helpful for the DATS as well? They are the subject books (bio, chem, orgo...)

Members don't see this ad.

i have been studying with the book for ochem and i think it really helped...wish i had one for the other sections but im taking my test in a week...good luck

Guess I will give them a try then.. I also have the audio osmosis stuff, so I'm going to drive with those cd's in my car for the next two months! Goodluck on the DATS!!!

I used the Examcrackers for organic and gen chem. The gen chem book I think I opened like twice.. I wouldn't recommend it, the problems are a lot harder than the scope of the DAT. The organic book however is really good. If you are going to get them, then def. get that one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please tell me the title of the Organic book everyone is referring to? Is it called "1001 Questions in MCAT Organic Chemistry", or is it the one that's a part of the course set? Also, approximately how many freestanding questions are in the book, if it's not the one with 1001 questions? Thanks in advance.

HITMAN said:
Can someone please tell me the title of the Organic book everyone is referring to? Is it called "1001 Questions in MCAT Organic Chemistry", or is it the one that's a part of the course set? Also, approximately how many freestanding questions are in the book, if it's not the one with 1001 questions? Thanks in advance.

I think its just Examkrackers Organic Chemistry.. 5th edition.. heres the ISBN 1893858332 ($27.99 retail) ,, Theres review of the material followed by 8-10 questions on each subject.. then at the end of the book 30 minute short exams which include stand alones and passage questions .. theres 4 of those with about 23 questions each, theres also flashcards at the end of the book you can rip out.

JerseyGirl83 said:
I think its just Examkrackers Organic Chemistry.. 5th edition.. heres the ISBN 1893858332 ($27.99 retail) ,, Theres review of the material followed by 8-10 questions on each subject.. then at the end of the book 30 minute short exams which include stand alones and passage questions .. theres 4 of those with about 23 questions each, theres also flashcards at the end of the book you can rip out.

I'm not sure the format of the 1001 questions.. I'm assuming its just straight passages and stand alones

JerseyGirl83 said:
I'm not sure the format of the 1001 questions.. I'm assuming its just straight passages and stand alones
no, they are all stand alones