ExamKrackers CBT - Question on Complete Home Study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PullMyFinger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay well I've already done some searches on this...but couldn't really find the answer I was looking for.

I'm re-taking the MCATs this year after doing subpar mediocre last year. I found the EK material to be a lot better than my Kaplan course last year.

Therefore, I want to know exactly EVERYTHING I need as far as EK goes to get the complete home study package. Furthermore, is the EK material and exams for the CBT edition of the MCAT now? I saw some EK books which still focused on the paper based edition...and that's not what I want. I want my study material to be based on what I need for the present style exams.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Oh and I have the 6th edition..the one before the current one, but it's not CBT based. Is that still a decent material to study off of?

Oh and I have the 6th edition..the one before the current one, but it's not CBT based. Is that still a decent material to study off of?

I have the fifth edition and compared it to seventh, same exact pictures/wording/questions, they changed the color of the Orange font to brownish, and maybe the font style

As far as I know, the EK books haven't changed to match the CBT. They're working on getting EK Verbal 101 up speed right now. From what I've heard, their practice FL tests aren't good. Definitely get the AAMC tests and, if you can, the Berk Review's practice FLs.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know, the EK books haven't changed to match the CBT.
When you guys say that the books have not changed to match the CBT, what do you mean? To my knowledge, content did not change with the new CBT (it just has shorter section lengths/ shorter times), so in my opinion it should still be perfectly fine to study using the EK books.

I have the 7th ed EK complete study package. It was published in Mar 2007. In it, they mention the test being a CBT. (However their practice test included in the package is still a paper exam, so if you want to replicate actual test situations you might want to supplement with AAMC or other computer-based full-length practice exams)

By not matching CBT, it means that there are small things like the occasional reference to "bubbling in" an answer. The material is still fantastic so its definitely worth it.

Thats my experience with the 7th edition btw.