Examkrackers Full Length (MCAT 2015)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KungFuPanda123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So EK released full length practice exams. For those of you guys who have tried them, what did you think?

I've tackled the very beginning of the PS section. I'm finding it to be very challenging for some reason; I'm not sure if it's because I'm feeling a bit off today or if it's because I legitimately don't know my stuff, but I'm getting a lot wrong (you can choose to check if your answer is right/wrong right away).

Let me know your guys' thoughts on the test, and I'll post some of my thoughts as I finish it up.

Edit: Finished up my test and posted results down the page. Please post your results as well in comparison to AAMC/Kaplan/TPR/whatever so we can get a better understanding of the score correlation.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I think you are at least at the 510+ range from those scores, probably around a 515. 70% seems to be pretty good and EK4's CARS is supposed to be weird. I thought EK's CARS was pretty tough overall. Also I bombed EK2 C/P, I thought the NS tests I took were pretty good as well. What score are you shooting for? From what I saw on the reddit MCAT excel everyone who got 75%+ on EK tended to do really well on the real MCAT. You are pretty close so I'm sure with some more practice and making sure you learn from your mistakes you will do extremely. well.

That is comforting to hear, I am aiming for anything above 512 with a good split across the four sections. My plan for the next month is to finish all of the AAMC materials, and extensively review their CARS material, finish NS tests 1-5, and complete the EK 30 minute exams.

Any other resources that you would recommend? Also, I live in Canada so purchasing the AAMC flashcards is really pricey (like 40 bucks for shipping) are they worth it?

Thanks!

Flash Cards give you 50 of the 238 AAMC questions provided for Psychology and Sociology section. You tell me, I thought they were useful for that and the Biochem Flashcards. I am almost positive the other Flashcards can be found in the old AAMC FLs.

Reactions: 1 user
That is comforting to hear, I am aiming for anything above 512 with a good split across the four sections. My plan for the next month is to finish all of the AAMC materials, and extensively review their CARS material, finish NS tests 1-5, and complete the EK 30 minute exams.

Any other resources that you would recommend? Also, I live in Canada so purchasing the AAMC flashcards is really pricey (like 40 bucks for shipping) are they worth it?

Thanks!
If you are really serious about CARS I might do the old AAMC verbal instead of the CARS packs. That way you get 9 Verbal sections as opposed to 4. Sure some of the passages (science ones) will not be on the new test however, the way they test is useful. Also that is a lot for a month, if you think you can do all the NS exams then go for it. Maybe break a few up into sections but make sure you do practice passages over your weak areas. Yeah the EK 30 mins were pretty good I did them all.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are really serious about CARS I might do the old AAMC verbal instead of the CARS packs. That way you get 9 Verbal sections as opposed to 4. Sure some of the passages (science ones) will not be on the new test however, the way they test is useful. Also that is a lot for a month, if you think you can do all the NS exams then go for it. Maybe break a few up into sections but make sure you do practice passages over your weak areas. Yeah the EK 30 mins were pretty good I did them all.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will definitely consider that. I will change my game plan if I feel a bit overwhelmed! But I am feeling relatively relaxed, and ready to push through for the next month and a bit, I maintained a pretty healthy schedule over the past 2 months :)

im taking my test in about a week and i really wanted to know if getting above a 504 is likely here! Ive been constantly reading that these practice tests are hard but i dont know how they would compare on the real test.

Princeton FL:
Demo Test: 497
Test 1: 498
Test 2: 497

EK:
EK 1: 46%
EK 2: 58%
EK 3: 60%
EK 4: 59%

im taking my test in about a week and i really wanted to know if getting above a 504 is likely here! Ive been constantly reading that these practice tests are hard but i dont know how they would compare on the real test.

Princeton FL:
Demo Test: 497
Test 1: 498
Test 2: 497

EK:
EK 1: 46%
EK 2: 58%
EK 3: 60%
EK 4: 59%
Looks like you have a shot but take the AAMC unscored or Scored and repost.

Looks like you have a shot but take the AAMC unscored or Scored and repost.

This is what i got on my unscored AAMC Fl:
Chem: 53%
Cars: 79%
Bio: 66%
Psych: 64%

Scored AAMC Fl:
Chem: 56% 124
Cars: 58% 123
Bio: 69% 126
Psych: 75% 126

Total:499

What do you think i would get realistically? Was surprised that i dropped so much for cars.

This is what i got on my unscored AAMC Fl:
Chem: 53%
Cars: 79%
Bio: 66%
Psych: 64%

Scored AAMC Fl:
Chem: 56% 124
Cars: 58% 123
Bio: 69% 126
Psych: 75% 126

Total:499

What do you think i would get realistically? Was surprised that i dropped so much for cars.
Realistically I'd say you are looking at 500 plus or minus a few points. Scored CARS is much harder.

These exams representative at all compared to AAMC? $50 is a lot of money per exam. What about no scaled score. Has there been any analysis to directly tie % and real exam scores at all? Or at least performance on the 2 AAMC tests?

These exams representative at all compared to AAMC? $50 is a lot of money per exam. What about no scaled score. Has there been any analysis to directly tie % and real exam scores at all? Or at least performance on the 2 AAMC tests?

There are numerous equations, analyses, and score compilations sprinkled throughout SDN and reddit. I would link you but I can't remember all of them; just search "(Prep company FL) vs MCAT actual" or "MCAT 2016 score compilation."

Take everything with a grain of salt. Compilations and analyses are usually based on data from a self selected group and is prone to bias. AAMC FL Scored is your king in score prediction with most people scoring within a few points of that score. The recent trend is that you can expect to score higher on the real thing than on the Scored FL but don't bank on it. Take the test when you feel that your scored FL predicts that you have a good chance to achieve your targeted score.

My link at the bottom of my signature has a linear regression for the Scored AAMC. R2 = 0.6

Hey just browsing around and I just wanted to say how happy I am to see everyone being supportive of each other! Especially in a world where stereotypically, premed students are supposed to be brutal with each other

I thought the EK FLs were extremely tricky, despite the fact that I am slowly/gradually improving. HOWEVER, once I started the AAMC section banks...I was shocked at the difficulty level! The format was not intimidating thanks to the EK FLs, but the section banks just seemed more difficult in the content/experiments/questions being asked. Does anyone have any insight on this?

This made me change my view on EK, because now I don't know WHAT to expect, especially after hearing that EK is most representative and then taking the AAMC section banks!

I know this thread is for EK FL, but has any of you attempted the new 101 passage book? What are your thoughts?

Hey guys,

Could someone please tell me where I can buy the EK full lengths 1-5, I've been looking on the EK website but they're not there.

Thank you for the help.