Examkrackers score conversion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedprincess26

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do the percentages of Examkrackers exams compare to scores on the actual scale? As in, how do we convert to the 472-528 scale from the percentages that we are given

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
IMO P/S a lot was harder on the real exam. The questions are a lot different so I don't know if it a very good predictor. Have you done an AAMC exam?

~65% of P/C correct --> 127 on MCAT
~82% of B/B correct --> 130 on MCAT
~ 85% of P/S correct --> 129 on MCAT

Last edited:
My EK scores for P/C and B/B were close to my real MCAT. However, IMO P/S was harder on the real exam.
What I mean is the EK scores are percentages so how do we convert those to the 472-528 scale?

Members don't see this ad :)
IMO P/S a lot was harder on the real exam. The questions are a lot different so I don't know if it a very good predictor. Have you done an AAMC exam?

~65% of P/C correct --> 127 on MCAT
~82% of B/B correct --> 130 on MCAT
~ 85% of P/S correct --> 129 on MCAT

so P/C is the first section, B/B is the third, and P/S is the fourth? What about reading? And where did you get those numbers for? Is there anywhere I can get the conversion values for other scores?

I didn't do any CARS practice since I took the GRE a few years ago. I can send you my excel sheet for conversions when I have my laptop later if you'd like

Yeah hey for EK or really any exam I would not put too much stock into "converting." These are pretty ambiguous and every test obviously differs. You should put the most weight into the scored AAMC FL...other than that shoot for the highest percentage you can because a lot of the test prep companies still have deflated score scales.

I didn't do any CARS practice since I took the GRE a few years ago. I can send you my excel sheet for conversions when I have my laptop later if you'd like
That would be great, thank you so much!

I got 60-70% on all my EK exams, and on my practice unscored I got between 508-510. EK was harder for me.

You can't "convert" EK scores. I suggest that you look at the MCAT forum, there is a Google Doc there with practice exam scores and actual exam scores from hundreds of 2015 applicants. Anecdotally, I scored high 70s / low 80s on all of my EK exams, and scored 520 on the real thing.

I can tell you that most find the EK exams harder than the real thing. But the question style is still the most representative, in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah hey for EK or really any exam I would not put too much stock into "converting." These are pretty ambiguous and every test obviously differs. You should put the most weight into the scored AAMC FL...other than that shoot for the highest percentage you can because a lot of the test prep companies still have deflated score scales.
That would be great, thank you so much!

Hey, I only took the "in-class" exams that are in the EK book and they came with a conversion chart in the book. Sorry I was thinking about the excel for the first AAMC that wasn't scored. Don't worry too much about the scores you get, I personally had a 17 point range between scores from various prep companies. Your score is going to depend on how well everyone else does taking the exam the same day as you.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I also used the chart conversions at the very end of the book. I found that my EK "in-class" exam scores tended to be slightly lower than my scores on the actual exam (think around 125-127 when I actually scored 127-129 for PS/BIO; think around 126-128 when I actually scored 130 on PsySoc), with the exception of CARS (always did decent in CARS; averaged 129 on EK and got a 129 on the actual exam). I think they're slightly deflated, but agree with carpediem22 that the EK question style is the most representative of the real thing. EK helped me tremendously so I think you're on the right track, I'm sure you'll do well!

And as a random tip, I found the MCAT-specific PsySoc material on Khan Academy to be the single most helpful study material for that section. I'd recommend taking a look.