Examkrackers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gurl21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This book is meant for preparation for the MCAT. Are the practice questions all passage-style like the MCAT, or do they give direct questions like the DAT. If they are passage-style, then how did they help you practice for the DAT? Any input on this book is appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Gurl21 said:
This book is meant for preparation for the MCAT. Are the practice questions all passage-style like the MCAT, or do they give direct questions like the DAT. If they are passage-style, then how did they help you practice for the DAT? Any input on this book is appreciated :)

I've only used the ochem 1001 q's. It was not passage style. THe questions are easy, but cover a wide range of materials.

Gurl21 said:

I used both the OC and GC Examkrackers 1001 Question books. Neither of them are passage style like the MCAT. The questions in the books also follow the outline and order that the material is presented in their original books. The OC was great, and the GC was good too but it is a wider scope of material than is necessary for the DAT. They were still very helpful though.

I have heard (but don't speak from experience) that the biology EK books are designed like the MCAT.

Verbal Reasoning...don't bother. They are designed like the MCAT passages which are very short although there are more of them.

Use the Exam krackers for content review only. The OC book is probably the best OC review out there. Read the EK book about 5 times and memorize the 70 or so reactions and you are set

I found the OC book to be much more helpful than the GC one. Neither of these books are as good as the practice questions that you get from Kaplan when you take the course.